Ribs Help

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

glinse

Original poster
Jul 10, 2016
My kids bought me a rack for putting several ribs in my green mountain grill/smoker at the same time to preserve room. There is room for 6 racks of ribs. The ribs would be positioned on their sides. Any words of wisdom on making sure they are done? Should I flip them halfway through? I'm doing them for Thanksgiving. Thanks

I've got a rack that holds four, used them once and things turned out great, no need to flip. RAY

Like stated above. Don’t worry about flipping them. Are they baby backs? If so use the 2-2-1 method @ 225. which means 2 hours uncovered , 2hours wrapped and then take them out and leave them on for 1 hour while you add sauce. If they are big spare ribs do the same but do it for 3-2-1. You’ll see the meat start to “pull back” off the bone like in the pic. And you’ll know they are done. Let us know how they turn out. Not too many people don’t like ribs no matter how they come off so don’t stress too much

Attachments

• F00FC7DB-BD05-4A28-AC43-C4512331E9B9.jpeg
    F00FC7DB-BD05-4A28-AC43-C4512331E9B9.jpeg
    125.7 KB · Views: 11
Reactions: jcam222
I do mine no wrap. run to about 195 ish, bend and probe test for doneness. flat or on their side make no difference. just make sure there is an air gap between them.

Al does a wonderful job on ribs using temperature. just scan thru the posts here and see what you think. Its sure does shorten the learning curve on ribs!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky