Rainy day ribs!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cronocide

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Apr 16, 2016
Pennsylvania
Just tossed a rack of baby backs on the smoker. Doing the 2-2-1 method. Hit them with some Meat Church The Gospel as the main rub with a touch of their Honey Hog and Voodoo rubs to compliment it. Post more pictures later. I'm going to do smoke some beef short ribs and cook some risotto for dinner tomorrow.

Attachments

• ribs april.jpg
    ribs april.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 18
Nice looking prep.
I'm doing babybacks today too. Mine are sprayed with Mirin, a drop of honey rubbed on each half rack and some modified Hunky GPR rubbed on. I'll paint some Braswells Honey Habanero on the finish. I use the 2-1.5-45 method on baby backs and when they are foiled I fold it so their feet stay wet. Moisture wicks up through the marrow.

It's sunny here. We could use the rain. Hooray for pig parts.

Mine are vertical for the first part. Strawberry banana sounds interesting. I just put the 2nd rub on. Kamado's heating up now.
20230428_141553.jpg

20230428_141645.jpg

Reactions: KimberlyO
Up and in. This is kind of fun remote babybacks. :) Wonder if anyone else is doing ribs today.
20230428_144426.jpg

Reactions: JLeonard
Mine are still wrapped for a little bit. I added a touch of bourbon to the trough water just for fun.
Figure they'll be finished about 6

Dang those look good. Nice job.

Point for sure
Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky