Questions on first big cook

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Donjodie

Original poster
Nov 3, 2020
Question on brisket I’m doing 3 for this Friday at 11:30 AM
I will have to do two cooks because they are so big and won’t fit in my timberline
“ they do fit but there would be no space between the ones on the bottom”
So my questions are
Can I put spg on them tonight?
Then maybe start the first one early Thursday morning and the others Thursday at 5PM putting the first one in the oven to finish do you think that plan would work?
Any suggestions on how to pull off 2-16 hour cooks?

Reactions: kruizer
I do indeed..cook all of them "Hot and Fast", first three hours at 350 and when you wrap drop to 325.
Total cook time (if you use foil and add some liquid inside the foil wrap) will be around 6 hours.
Bark, flavor and tenderness will be great!
If you are going to keep them hot in a cooler or oven pull them at around 200 so the carry over cooking can finish them off, and be aware they can overcook if you hold them too long.
If you are going to pull and let them rest on the counter until they drop to 160, wait until they jiggle like jello, which should be around 205.

Reactions: tallbm and kruizer
I will have to do two cooks because they are so big and won’t fit in my timberline
So my questions are
Then maybe start the first one early Thursday morning and the others Thursday at 5PM putting the first one in the oven to finish do you think that plan would work?
Thank you

So my questions are

Hi there and welcome!

Seasoning early wont hurt anything so don't fret over that.

I agree with the hot and fast recommendation.
If you arent going to go that route, can you cook earlier?
Like just do one ASAP and put it in the fridge. It will be even better a day or 2 later. Slice when cold and reheat in the oven.
Do the other 2 like normal or do the same thing and cook them early.

You have some options I say just go with whatever guarantees you can get the meet cooked properly and on time and go that route :)

Reactions: Donjodie
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky