• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Question about Berkel slicer

SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mattyoc20

Meat Mopper
Aug 11, 2013
I just picked up a berkel 827 of Craigslist. I wish I new more about slicers because when I got home i realized it Had some parts that need replacing. After a quick search I see that the center plate rod needs replaced as the knob is broken off and plate spins freely. My question is do I need the center plate? I’m ok using if I don’t need it. Where can I pick one cheap if not? Replacements look like there about $100 which I don’t want spend. I bought this slicer for $350 and am wondering if I’ve been ripped off

indaswamp

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
Apr 27, 2017
Yes, the plate keeps the meat aligned for a uniform slice. Won't cut very well without that plate. I would thread the rod and buy a replacement knob...be sure you reverse thread it on so when you twist to remove the rod, it won't come off, but will just tighten the knob onto the rod.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Top Bottom
Clicky