Queche Smoke

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

got14u

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Oct 12, 2008
WYOMING
Figured I would throw this back up here. It was lost in the switch.
It really came out great. And i would recommend anyone to try this. Sorta different but some times that's what u want. A couple things. When done again it will be in a deeper pan probably 1 1/2" and at a higher temp probably 270ish. I had it at 230-250 and it was done in about 3-4 hrs I don't exactly remeber. It really took on the smoke flavor and tasted great.
the filling

ready for the smoker

just out of the smoker

after i let it sit for awhile...check out the smoke ring...lol

Looks delicious.

lol.....once you try one you will do it again..maybe behind closed doors tho..lol

My wife frequently makes Quiche...Errrr um ahhh.....Egg Pie, yeah that's it, Egg Pie with stuff I have smoked. Love the smoked salmon Egg Pie with sweet onions and broccoli. Fatties make a good Egg Pie filling as well.

Props (and points) for smoking the whole darn shootin match...hadn't thought of that one!

BBQ Eng.

thanks alot...u gave me a great idea for filling next time. some nice pulled pork or the fattie...those are great ideas !!!!

where at in da springs do u live? I grew up there most my life on the south end of town below B street if you know where that is....and thanks for the comment. I think I'm going with egg pie...sounds more manly then queche...lol

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky