Pulled Pork, Best one ever

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nice color and bark Mike and.glad it turned out great! Love trying new ideas and recipes from time to time.
I inject but have never tried brining a BB....yet! And don't remember why I quit using BBBR ? Always gave great color and flavor.

Keith

Reactions: MJB05615
These pork butts take so long I always neglected the rest time, but the one I smoked a couple of weeks ago I stayed up late and rested in a cooler. It made a HUGE difference, and I will never neglect that step again. Yours looks amazing. Glad you saw good results (and the wife was happy).
Thanks. I learned a long time ago how important the rest time is, especially with Briskets.

I always run my MES wide open on pulled pork projects, it's a work horse , love pulled pork there is so many ways to use it.
I am always very happy when my MES runs perfectly for long cooks, it's probably 10 + years old. They are work horses.

Nice color and bark Mike and.glad it turned out great! Love trying new ideas and recipes from time to time.
I inject but have never tried brining a BB....yet! And don't remember why I quit using BBBR ? Always gave great color and flavor.

Keith
Thanks Keith. I was hesitant about brining, but it's changed my mindset.

Reactions: 912smoker
That sounds and looks like a really tasty butt for PP. What is the brine recipe? If you don't mind sharing.
Thanks here it is, very simple. 3/4 cup molasses, 12 oz pickling salt, Kosher is ok to use also. 2 quarts bottled water, (I used tap water), brine for 12-24 hours. Then rinse, etc.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky