Prime Brisket on the SmokeFire .

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
That looks killer. Something I've never done.
Thanks for the comment . I'm 63 , and have been cooking , smoking since I was in my 20's
My first brisket was just a couple years ago . I number them all in my photo folders . This was No. 11 . 1 & 2 were awesome ( by luck ) 3 & 4 were sub par , and trash ( because I thought it was easy ) 5 & 6 went in the right direction , and 7 through 11 were spot on the same results , and finished at a predetermined time .
Jump in and try one if you can get it at a good price .
That's a fine looking plate Rich, I'd be all over that in a heartbeat! I haven't done a brisket since I got rid of my offset, too much work and meat, tho now I believe I need to get one of those blades for ribs. Nice work bud! RAY
Thanks Ray . Yeah , the pellet grill makes it easy , but does an awesome job .
That knife is something I should have had long ago . I'll pm you the link to that one .
The handle is easy on beat up hands . Not slippery and it's on the larger side , which for me is easier to hold on to .
"MIGHTY FINE"
I'll take that . Thanks bud .

Great looking brisket. And that plate is excellent!
Thanks Jim . Yup , brisket and beans go great together .
Thats a winner to me, nice cook!
Thanks Dave . Appreciate that .
Nice job on that brisket.
Chris , it was really tender . I get better use of the whole thing by just smoking the point end .
A lot of good uses for the flat .
Wow those look tasty!
Thanks bud .
It all looks Amazing Rich
Thanks for the comment Brian .

Phenomenal Rich!! I have a choice whole packer in the fridge right now and can't decide what to do with it. At $2.99/lb. from Kroger last week, I was thinking burger and burnt ends. May have to rethink that now.

Again, that looks great...

Reactions: DieselTech
Very nice Rich,
Thanks for your how you did it.
David , I just let it ride until a couple hours before we want to eat . Then I crank the heat to force it to temp / probe tender . 30 to 40 minutes rest under plastic wrap and a towel and it's been perfect . I like to watch the IT drop to around 170 before slicing .
Thanks for looking .
Nice to get the government cheque in the mail.
That's my pension money from the Carpenters . Part of the total package paid by contractors .
Insured by the Government , but private control .

Phenomenal Rich!! I have a choice whole packer in the fridge right now and can't decide what to do with it. At $2.99/lb. from Kroger last week, I was thinking burger and burnt ends. May have to rethink that now.
Thanks Charles . If I don't grind , I like that cross cut so I can smoke the point end .
The flat and a instant pot or slow cooker are made for each other .
Either one makes great roast beef or shredded beef .
Thanks for the comments bud .

Excellent looking Point Rich. Definitely like the idea of the plastic wrap to seal in moisture. Guess a missed your dinner bell call. Darn, would have loved chowing down a plate of it. :emoji_laughing:

Great looking brisket
Thanks Keith .
I also use the plastic wrap method
Yup . It works .
Looks delicious Rich!
Thanks Ryan .
Great results from your Smokefire and your enabling! :emoji_blush:
I enabled myself . I sent the link for the slicer to Ray , and noticed a 4 piece " butchering " set .
It's out for delivery , should be here in time for breaking down some butts tomorrow or Thursday .

That's my pension money from the Carpenters . Part of the total package paid by contractors .
Insured by the Government , but private control .

Oh , I got ya. I was in the Union for a few years. But mostly none union company's. And then / now working for myself.
When I left the union I received a big payout that I could not touch for a few years. And when I say big I had a grin on my face
because it was not very much. ( 3 - 4 grand ) that was back in the early 90's . But at least something

David

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky