Pork Shoulder

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
There's more bone and the skin is usually left on picnics, that's probably one of the reasons butts are more in demand as ChilerelLeno said

Agreed with S&D but not always the same results. Here, butts are cheaper $1 and shoulder is like $3. I actually think people are turned off by the name. Further, raw chicken wings cost more than what the bars charge for them finished.

I can't easily get (if at all ) Plate Ribs, Tri-Tip, Sweetbreads and other items.
Could/can get them easily and other parts of the country, sometimes cheaper sometimes more.

Supply and demand sometimes works the opposite direction.
My one local butcher shop that's any good, told me that he can get tri-tip.
But he has to order by the case and there's not a huge demand for them and therefore they would be very expensive.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky