pork ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dan the mano

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Dec 22, 2017
hey every one , i was just curious to see if any one has tried say ice tea mix on there ribs , yes i know this does sound kinda crazy , but to try this with a low temp say 225 so not to burn the sugar ? what does everyone think ? and thank you in advance

Hmmm.. interesting. Probably not such a crazy idea actually, and worth giving it a try. Even if you simply added brew tea for the herbs to a particular rub so that you know and can control the sugars and salt etc. I wouldn't be so concerned about burning sugar with a tea mix either as a majority of rib rubs have a lot of sugar as well. Be sure to post up how it went!

Now that's thinking outside of the box. If you try this let us know how it turns out.

Chris

Wouldn't be overly concerned about burning sugar in the rubs. As mentioned most pork rubs have quite a bit of sugar. However, interesting idea using tea. Curious how it would change the flavor profile of the pork. Let us know how it turns out!

Why not if iced tea is your thing. It can't suck if you like the flavor of tea already. That wouldn't really fly for me cause I'm not a fan of that beverage. I'd love to try some ribs with root beer but my wife despises the taste. With her new obsession for ribs, I think that she would probably be perturbed if I "reserved" a rack by instilling it with root beer. I would be curious to hear about your tea ribs. Give it a go.

George

The only BBQ Joint near me worth going to actually marinades rib tips in sweet tea and smokes them. So it can't be that bad given the rave reviews on the things!

It’s been a month since this post. Has anyone tried this yet?

yes i have done this now ... and yes it was good ,but to much sugar ... next time im gonna try a little bit of lemon rine in stead and hope for the same outcome , thanks

Sounds very interesting. Why so sweet? Did you use a sweet tea?

well i assume when you say a sweet tea , you mean home made ( tea pot) tea just very sweet .. well i have over the past saw some recipes for lemon .. just lemon to give it a little bit of zing to it ... where as the ice tea mix had next to nothing for a zing ... just sweetness.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky