• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Pork Rib Withdrawl

SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chisoxjim

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Jul 25, 2007
I am really jonesing for some pork ribs(BB's or spares). After eating one or the other pretty much every weekend since May I havent smoked any since Nov 28th.... X-mas parties, and busy weekends are to blame for this.
PDT_Armataz_01_33.gif

However my salvation is on the horizon, a couple slabs o' BB ribs for X-mas supper on the new WSM that has been sitting in my garage assembled & unused for the past month or so. Its a x-mas present, and I promised the gift giver I wouldnt use it til x-mas. I had a WSM loaner this past summer, and had to have one for myself, it is the best x-mas gift I have gotten since I was a kid.

So tomorrow I am off to buy a few slabs of un-enhanced BB's to have on hand for the 25th. Cant wait to taste these ribs off the WSM, I really missed charcoal smoking, the GOSM gasser was/is a fine unit, but to me it was just lacking something in the taste and texture dept's.

fatback joe

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Jun 13, 2007
Sounds like a good time.........those WSMs are good little cookers. Enjoy the ribs.

chisoxjim

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Jul 25, 2007
thanks,

loved the WSM I borrowed for a few months this past summer. Weber does make a really good product.

chisoxjim

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Jul 25, 2007
18.5", after much consideration & discussion with folks who own both, I figured that would be the best to go with for a small family like I have.

fatback joe

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Jun 13, 2007
Yeah, I am just curious like that.

That is what I have also, but I got mine before there was a 22 so there was no decision to make.
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif
But for the difference in price (atleast that last time I checked) between the two, I probably still would have went with the 18.5 anyhow.

rickw

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Sep 1, 2008
Sounds like a good plan Jim. One thing I would do prior to using the WSM is to make a wind break, just in case. Ya never know how the wind will be around here.

chisoxjim

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Jul 25, 2007
I agree, I have also heard the larger can be a fuel hog, both are really nice.

chisoxjim

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Jul 25, 2007
good call. I smoke on my deck, so I have the house as a windbreak, but I have some stuff on hand just in case I need to put one together on the fly.

going to pick up a large stash of lump, wood chips, etc tomorrow as well. I plan on doing alot of bbq in January.
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

chisoxjim

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Jul 25, 2007
I like Royal Oak, but I will probably go with what they have @ Home Depot(which usually means Cowboy unless things have changed). So maybe just 1 or 2 bags to hold me over if it is Cowboy.

I still have about 1/2 a bag of the Royal Oak in the green bag left @ home. Got that @ Menards.

rickw

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Sep 1, 2008
Last time out I used some Stubbs bricks. Out of all the briquettes I have tried the Stubbs is my favorite. I need to go back to Lowes and get a few bags.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Top Bottom
Clicky