Pork 'N Beans!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

txflyguy

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Apr 29, 2009
Just finished up 3 days of prep, and smoking. Baby-Backs, with smoked BBQ Beans. The beans were placed in the smoker, under the ribs so they could catch all of the yummy drippings (and they did!).
No, these are not perfect ribs, as I got them just a tad too dark. But they are good, real good. But the beans are the real story here! And that pineapple really made the day!

I'll let the pictures do the talking:
P1050566.JPG
P1050577.JPG
P1050579.JPG
P1050571.JPG
P1050575.JPG
P1050576.JPG
P1050581.JPG

That's a fine looking meal. Well done

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: txflyguy
The beans were the real winner! And easy to make.

Basically this:
8 strips thick sliced bacon - cut into 1/2" squares
1 medium onion - diced
1 small bell pepper - diced
1 to 2 Jalapeno Peppers - diced / seeded
55 ounce can of Baked Beans (use your favorite brand)
8 ounce can of pineapple chunks - drained
1 cup dark brown sugar - packed
1 cup ketchup
1 tablespoon dry mustard

Saute bacon in a pan until crispy and then remove leaving the grease behind
Saute the onion, bell pepper, and jalapeno pepper in the bacon grease until tender

In a large mixing bowl, combine the beans, pineapple, brown sugar, ketchup and dry mustard. Stir in bacon pieces and the remaining ingredients. Pour into a large aluminum pan (12X9 or larger). If it looks dry, add extra ketchup 1/4 to 1/2 cup at a time.

Place on the bottom of your smoker, beneath any meat you have cooking, for at least 4 to 5 hours, at 225 - 245 degrees.

The ribs came out FOTB tender. Which is Ok, I guess. But I wanted just a little "chew". They do taste great!
The other thing is these Baby-Backs were very lean, with little fat. Next time I'll search for more marbeling in the racks.

A true BBQ must have baked beans!!!
Looks awesome and you are taking a ride! Congrats

Reactions: txflyguy
Great job!

Babybacks and beans are a classic,one of my favorites for sure.

The other half has a similar recipe for beans.The last time around I convinced her to put two pickled habeneros,seeds intact,in it.I like things hot but that just plain ruined the beans,won't do that again.

Great job!

Babybacks and beans are a classic,one of my favorites for sure.

The other half has a similar recipe for beans.The last time around I convinced her to put two pickled habeneros,seeds intact,in it.I like things hot but that just plain ruined the beans,won't do that again.

Ha! Well...the jalapeños aren’t quite that hot! We do remove the seeds. Actually, those peppers are optional and the beans are good without them.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky