PORK LOIN A-la AIR FRYER

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gary s

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jan 6, 2011
Rotisserie Pork Loin on My E.L Air Fryer

After seeing all the commercials on TV and the many post on Air Fryer Cooking, I ordered one.

I got the Emeril Lagasse Power Air Fryer 360.

After much deliberation, studying, going back and forth and research I decided to go with a Pork Loin for my Maiden Voyage, “Nah”, just kidding, I just jumped right in.

I had a hunk of pork tenderloin thawed out, so I seasoned it up and put it in the Fridge to rest overnight.

I seasoned it with another one of my Favorite’s

“Chupacabra” Rub

I decided to go all out and Bacon wrap this little jewel.

First Mistake “Not Really” but I’ll get to that in a bit.

Got it all wrapped up and tied with butcher twine.

Ran my sharpening steel through the middle to make a nice little hole. Slid my spit on, “Second Mistake” Should have measured, More loin than Spit. Had to trim it a bit.

Got it put together and let it rest on the counter a bit.

After about 45 min. I put the Loin in the Air Fryer, “Went in really easy." Set the temp to 400° and the Timer for 50 Min. Mistake #3 after a little bit it started smoking . I figured a little smoke would be normal”. But it got worse and worse. I opened the back door to pull out a little smoke, then I opened the door to the garage to make a better draft, About that time the Smoke alarm went off which is located in the hall, You getting the idea of how much smoke ! I then shut off the alarm and put my shop fan at the door to draw out the smoke. The timer went off, I checked the I T and it was 138° so I set the timer for another 15 min, I checked it again in 10 min. and it was 162° to 167°. So right at an Hour at 400°

I pulled it out to rest, Beautiful, I mean Beautiful.

I’m thinking if it tastes half as good as it looks it’s gunna be a home run.--

The bacon was crispy, the loin was flavorful and juicy.

This is one of the best loins I have cooked. My Wife, Daughter-in-law and Grand Daughter all loved it, “Went back for seconds.

I was real happy the way it turned out, BUT !! ...........................

PLEASE TAKE NOTE:

If you intend to Bacon Wrap, Do It Outside, unless you can set it on you stove and have a real good vent-a hood to suck out all the smoke., Second Measure your Loin.

Other than that, it was a big success. Really turned out better than I was expecting.

Here are some Pics.

Emeril Lagasse Air Fryer 360
IMG_1806.jpg

Inside shot
IMG_1807.jpg

Pork Loin out of the fridge and resting for a bit
IMG_1808.jpg

Decided to Bacon Wrap
IMG_1809.jpg

Love that Bacon
IMG_1810.jpg

I ran my Sharpening Steel through the middle to make a nice little whole
IMG_1811.jpg

A little more seasoning Rotisserie hardware inserted and ready to go
IMG_1812.jpg

Another one of my Go-To rubs
IMG_1813.jpg

Here is what happens when you don't measure your Loin, But all's good
IMG_1814.jpg

Ready to Rock and Roll
IMG_1815.jpg

IMG_1816.jpg

You can see the smoke starting
IMG_1817.jpg

Looking Good
IMG_1818.jpg

Wasn't long after this pic the smoke alarm went off
IMG_1819.jpg

Looking Better !!
IMG_1820.jpg

Man this thing Looks Good, see the back door open and still smokey
IMG_1821.jpg
IMG_1822.jpg

Close Up Mmmmmm
IMG_1823.jpg

Laying down resting
IMG_1824.jpg
IMG_1825.jpg

Sliced up, Bacon Crispy, Loin tender and Juicy
IMG_1826.jpg
IMG_1827.jpg

My plate, a little green beans and new taters and Cranberry Jelly from my Neighbor
IMG_1828.jpg

This was even better than it looks, Perfect.

Next time I use the Air Fryer with anything bacon wrapped I do it outside.

Overall I was very pleased with my first cook on my new Air Fryer

Thanks

Gary

That looks really good Gary. Glad nobody called the fire dept. on you.

Point for sure
Chris

Looks Perfect, Gary!!
You blew right by those minor Bumps in the Road!!
I did my first Pork Loins on the Rotisserie, I believe on the same day, but no Bacon & No Smoke.
Mine tasted Great, but I'm betting yours tasted even better!!
Nice Job!
Like.

BTW: Would the Baking Pan fit above the Heating Element, where it's supposed to go?
It fit in mine, but I didn't wrap with Bacon.
I can't see it fitting with a whole Chicken.
Much of your smoke was probably from dripping on the Element, because the Baking Pan wasn't in place.

Bear

BTW: Would the Baking Pan fit above the Heating Element, where it's supposed to go?
It fit in mine, but I didn't wrap with Bacon.
I can't see it fitting with a whole Chicken.
Much of your smoke was probably from dripping on the Element, because the Baking Pan wasn't in place.

Bear

Probably Right, I just barreled in, didn't even think about that.

Gary

Thanks Guys

Gary

Thanks

Gary

That looks great Gary. Just got my 360 today. Got a loin the freezer and some bacon. Might have to give it a ride.

I've had the Emeril Lagasse Air Fryer 360 for a couple of months.
There are different heating elements. I find that smoke only happens when the bottom two rails are heating. In the Air Fryer setting, the top and bottom are on for pre-heat, but only the right side is on during cooking.
For Rotisserie, the top and bottom are on, so, you get to produce smoke. ;-)

I'm curious about the actual temperature, compared to the indicated temperature.
With my conventional gas oven, and infrared thermometer shows that the side wall is very close to the dialed temperature, and the floor is much hotter.
With the Air Fryer, the temperatures are so far off, it's silly.
An indicated 400° is about 250° on the left wall, and 350° coming out of the fan vent.

All of the recipes seem to take a lot longer than specified. I don't know if mine is bad, or if the temperature is supposed to be some sort of "equivalent to conventional" setting.

I don't even pay attention to how long they say something should take, but mine don't seem to take long at all. If you want to compare, scroll down to my "Step by Step Index" & click on that. Then scroll down to "AirFryer #360", and open anything that you want to compare. All of mine have the Temp I used & how long it took to complete.

Bear

Rotisserie Pork Loin on My E.L Air Fryer

After seeing all the commercials on TV and the many post on Air Fryer Cooking, I ordered one.

I got the Emeril Lagasse Power Air Fryer 360.

After much deliberation, studying, going back and forth and research I decided to go with a Pork Loin for my Maiden Voyage, “Nah”, just kidding, I just jumped right in.

I had a hunk of pork tenderloin thawed out, so I seasoned it up and put it in the Fridge to rest overnight.

I seasoned it with another one of my Favorite’s

“Chupacabra” Rub

I decided to go all out and Bacon wrap this little jewel.

First Mistake “Not Really” but I’ll get to that in a bit.

Got it all wrapped up and tied with butcher twine.

Ran my sharpening steel through the middle to make a nice little hole. Slid my spit on, “Second Mistake” Should have measured, More loin than Spit. Had to trim it a bit.

Got it put together and let it rest on the counter a bit.

After about 45 min. I put the Loin in the Air Fryer, “Went in really easy." Set the temp to 400° and the Timer for 50 Min. Mistake #3 after a little bit it started smoking . I figured a little smoke would be normal”. But it got worse and worse. I opened the back door to pull out a little smoke, then I opened the door to the garage to make a better draft, About that time the Smoke alarm went off which is located in the hall, You getting the idea of how much smoke ! I then shut off the alarm and put my shop fan at the door to draw out the smoke. The timer went off, I checked the I T and it was 138° so I set the timer for another 15 min, I checked it again in 10 min. and it was 162° to 167°. So right at an Hour at 400°

I pulled it out to rest, Beautiful, I mean Beautiful.

I’m thinking if it tastes half as good as it looks it’s gunna be a home run.--

The bacon was crispy, the loin was flavorful and juicy.

This is one of the best loins I have cooked. My Wife, Daughter-in-law and Grand Daughter all loved it, “Went back for seconds.

I was real happy the way it turned out, BUT !! ...........................

PLEASE TAKE NOTE:

If you intend to Bacon Wrap, Do It Outside, unless you can set it on you stove and have a real good vent-a hood to suck out all the smoke., Second Measure your Loin.

Other than that, it was a big success. Really turned out better than I was expecting.

Here are some Pics.

Emeril Lagasse Air Fryer 360
View attachment 426066

Inside shot
View attachment 426067

Pork Loin out of the fridge and resting for a bit
View attachment 426068

Decided to Bacon Wrap
View attachment 426069

Love that Bacon
View attachment 426070

I ran my Sharpening Steel through the middle to make a nice little whole
View attachment 426071

A little more seasoning Rotisserie hardware inserted and ready to go
View attachment 426072

Another one of my Go-To rubs
View attachment 426073

Here is what happens when you don't measure your Loin, But all's good
View attachment 426074

Ready to Rock and Roll
View attachment 426075

View attachment 426076

You can see the smoke starting
View attachment 426077

Looking Good
View attachment 426078

Wasn't long after this pic the smoke alarm went off
View attachment 426079

Looking Better !!
View attachment 426080

Man this thing Looks Good, see the back door open and still smokey
View attachment 426081View attachment 426082

Close Up Mmmmmm
View attachment 426083

Laying down resting
View attachment 426084View attachment 426085

Sliced up, Bacon Crispy, Loin tender and Juicy
View attachment 426086View attachment 426087

My plate, a little green beans and new taters and Cranberry Jelly from my Neighbor
View attachment 426088

This was even better than it looks, Perfect.

Next time I use the Air Fryer with anything bacon wrapped I do it outside.

Overall I was very pleased with my first cook on my new Air Fryer

Thanks

Gary
Looks real good!

All of mine have the Temp I used & how long it took to complete.

Excellent. I look stuff up on the web, try it, keep adding 10 minutes, and then the next time I cook the same thing, I am looking again. My wife says if I were smart, I would be writing down my temps and times... Oh, well.

On that page, you said, "2 hours, so it won’t stop on it’s own." Yep. That was lesson #2. If it shuts itself off, then you have to go through the pre-heat cycle again.

I poked around some more. Someone said the listed temperatures are "conventional oven equivalent" so that recipes could be used without modification. I can't accept that, but it did make me check the temperatures on different settings.

"Bake" and "Roast" are very close to the indicated temperature. "Air Fry" is way off, so there is probably some truth to that idea. That doesn't explain why my times are so much longer than the online recipes, but makes me feel better about the temperature of my unit.

I'll use your page as a reference for a few tries. Tonight was Cod and tater tots, so no complex problems there.

Excellent. I look stuff up on the web, try it, keep adding 10 minutes, and then the next time I cook the same thing, I am looking again. My wife says if I were smart, I would be writing down my temps and times... Oh, well.

On that page, you said, "2 hours, so it won’t stop on it’s own." Yep. That was lesson #2. If it shuts itself off, then you have to go through the pre-heat cycle again.

I poked around some more. Someone said the listed temperatures are "conventional oven equivalent" so that recipes could be used without modification. I can't accept that, but it did make me check the temperatures on different settings.

"Bake" and "Roast" are very close to the indicated temperature. "Air Fry" is way off, so there is probably some truth to that idea. That doesn't explain why my times are so much longer than the online recipes, but makes me feel better about the temperature of my unit.

I'll use your page as a reference for a few tries. Tonight was Cod and tater tots, so no complex problems there.

Sounds like you're getting the hang of it.
I have to take notes on everything---"CRS".

Yup---I don't allow it to shut off & go back to Pre-heat.

I use the "Roast" setting for almost everything, because all the fans & heating elements are on.
And I turn the fans on all the time, which makes it take less time.

Most of this is just my guessing & experience, because their book leaves a lot to be desired.

Bear

I use the "Roast" setting for almost everything, because all the fans & heating elements are on.
And I turn the fans on all the time, which makes it take less time.

I'll try Roast with fan.

Most of this is just my guessing & experience, because their book leaves a lot to be desired.

The book is a lot of stuff that I'm never going to make.

US Army Vietnam Veteran 1969----Dong Tam (9th Inf Div.)

USAF "Vietnam Era Vet", but I defended the homeland. I didn't serve outside the US until 1978.
Thank you for your real service.

I'll try Roast with fan.

The book is a lot of stuff that I'm never going to make.

USAF "Vietnam Era Vet", but I defended the homeland. I didn't serve outside the US until 1978.
Thank you for your real service.

Thanks!!
You could have come with me, but you were only about 3 years old at the time.:emoji_laughing:

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky