Pompano not listed NC surf fishing regulations = no limits???????

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokinq13

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
May 21, 2017
south central Pennsylvania
In August we are going down to NC to the beach and while we're down there, we're going to be doing some surf fishing. We are aiming to catch anything but we really want to catch some pompano to grill up for dinner one night. So I been researching about limits, what we can keep and not but pompano isn't listed anywhere in the regulations (http://portal.ncdenr.org/web/mf/recreational-fishing-size-and-bag-limits) … So I called down to the state park that we are going to be surf fishing at to ask about this and the guy said that if its not listed, there are not limits, which I found hard to believe.

Does anyone have experience with fishing for pompano in N.C.? And if so what regulations do you follow/ heard of???

Well checked again while getting my 10 day fishing license, there is no regulations for pomps... same as whitening and croakers... it's going to be a good week!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky