Please delete

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I've seen many house and trailer fires started that way and would advise against it. The usual cause is somebody incorrectly moving a pot on or off, not using the correct insulated mitt or holder and get a finger burn touching a hot surface. The initial reaction is to yank your hand away, tipping over the kerosene heater, setting the floor/rug or anything else combustible on fire. I lived in NNY for 46 years before coming to Texas with 10-15 ft. of snow and -45° temps and would read about it every day in the paper, and the mobile home next to mine caught on fire (this was intentional, however, trying to burn up a 3-year-old child in it) because, during July 4th evening, the drugged out mom started the heater and left a trail of kerosene from the living room to the child's bedroom. Luckily she got out by jumping through the fire and came to our trailer, knocking on the door at 3 am asking if she could get help for her burning feet. My wife called the police and treated her until the ambulance got there while I went to the trailer and knocked and hollered to make sure no one else was in there. The mother took her two other older kids and fled; the little girl was by a different father and she wanted to punish him. (mother got arrested and thrown in jail for attempted murder, 65 yr. sentence).
Used properly, they are great. But they are extremely dangerous and it only takes one wrong move accidentally and can cause extreme disaster. Plus the constant heat flow surrounding and rising up from the heater can cause hurried movements and burns and accidents. I personally would not advise it.

Holly, morning..... OK.... What's the back story on the nut and bolt in the concrete floor... Appears to be around the early 1900's install... Is your garage an early built factory ???
Nice touch cookin' weenies and playing with the dog.... I'm bettin' the dog enjoyed it.. and you also...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky