Pinneapple & Jalapeno Glazed Pork Ribs and Cowboy Beans

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

indaswamp

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
Apr 27, 2017
South Louisiana-Yes, it is HOT
So, After making a recent batch of Pineapple Smoke Sausage, I have a lot of pineapple juice, ginger, and soy sauce left over. Since I already had all the ingredients, I'm making Pineapple and Jalapeno Glazed Pork Ribs....

First, make the Chinese 5 spice powder. Everybody inda spice grinder...
IMG_20190208_230233.jpg

All ground up...
IMG_20190208_230705.jpg

Put that in an old spice shaker for easy seasoning.
IMG_20190209_150158.jpg

Next, after the Pork ribs have thawed, coat the rack of St. Louis cut ribs with about 2TBSPS. sesame seed oil...
IMG_20190209_150700.jpg

Then coated with 5 spice, salt, Cracked Black pepper...
IMG_20190209_150802.jpg

Inda smokehouse now @250* with Apple and hickory TBS rolling out the vents...
IMG_20190209_152533.jpg

I closed the vent to 3/4 to bring it up to temp. faster. I opened it wide open when I put the ribs on....I'll make the glaze when the ribs are about half done. First basting when they are about an hour from being done, then again 20 minutes from pulling them....

Last edited:
I made the beans couple days ago...used 1# of bacon and about 1.5# of brisket that I needed to use up from the freezer.

I'll post a pic. later.

Waiting you know no photo didn't do it. Ha Ha (I like beans that's why)
Ribs look great what was the mix of seasoning?

Warren

5 cans Bush's baked beans: 3 original, 1 maple, 1 brown sugar
1# bacon cut into lardoons
1.5# leftover brisket 1/2" dice(I am using the point end)
1 medium onion 1/4" dice
1/2 cup green bell pepper 1/4" dice
1/4 cup orange bell pepper 1/4" dice
1/4 cup red bell pepper 1/4" dice
4 cloves garlic minced
1/4 cup prepared yellow mustard
3/4 cup sweet baby rays honey BBQ sauce
water as needed for consistency
2 TBSPS. your favorite BBQ rub
cracked black pepper to taste

fry down bacon, do not burn. Remove bacon from the grease, set aside. fry down onion in bacon grease on med. heat until just caramelized. Add bell peppers. cook another 10 minutes or so, add garlic. cook another 5 minutes, then fold in diced brisket and bring up to temp. Add bacon back to pot and stir in. Add beans, one can at a time, stirring in each can. Now add the mustard ,BBQ sauce, and BBQ rub; stir in. Let that simmer ~30 minutes, then check seasonings. Adjust CBP....
Can simmer 30~60 minutes as BBQ is finishing up cooking in the smokehouse. I suggest serving with sliced white bread.

OK, now that he's asleep...

Here is the pineapple and jalapeno glaze recipe:

Pineapple glaze:
*2 tablespoons unsalted butter
3 cups pineapple juice
*1 cup low-sodium soy sauce
1/2 cup dark rum
1/4 cup hoisin sauce
1/4 cup ketchup
3 tablespoons rice vinegar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 lg. dried red Ancho deseeded, stem removed
8 slices of pickled jalapeno
2 garlic cloves, smashed

1 (2-inch) piece fresh ginger, whacked open with the flat side of a knife

In a 2.5 qt. sauce pot, melt butter over med. high heat. pour ~1/8 cup of pineapple juice in pot. stir and reduce until all water has evaporated and the pineapple syrup caramelizes slightly. Add remaining pineapple juice and heat to a simmer. Add all other ingredients and bring to a slight boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until glaze will coat the back of a spoon. Remove ginger pieces and discard. Puree glaze with an immersion blender being sure to pulverize both pepper pieces. reserve warm until ready to glaze the ribs.

I used 3 small dried ancho chilies from the garden last summer...
IMG_20190209_183142.jpg

And jalapenos from the garden too...
IMG_20190209_183612.jpg

IMG_20190209_183631.jpg

And here's the dark rum I used, it's a local favorite...

Sauce is thick...
IMG_20190209_194516.jpg

And after 2 coats of glaze, they are done!
IMG_20190209_202707.jpg

IMG_20190209_202821.jpg

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky