philly cheese steak fatty?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I can't think of any steak shop or bar North of Philly that uses Cheese Whiz, that is still in business:

How does it rate?

A recent Philly.com poll asked, "What cheese belongs on a cheesesteak?" and Whiz finished third. American edged out provolone after more than 5,700 votes were cast.

Source Philadelphia Inquirer:

http://www.philly.com/inquirer/food...overrated_for_cheesesteaks.html#axzz0qwgzEyJA

I agree,

Bear

Quote:
Cheez Wiz rocks on a philly chesesteak, but for a fattie I would use Provolone and American, or cooper sharp and Provolone.
Well of course...you are a Philly guy. Nothing like some fake cheese product on a steak sandwich! Throw in some of Geno's arm hair, and you have a Philly delicacy!

So very very wrong!

The last steak and cheese fattie I had was with American, and it was damn good...

Love it on fries also,I still prefer the cooper sharp over anything for a cheesesteak.

Provolone on other sandwiches but not so much on a cheesesteak

the philly part was made with venison backstrap(thinly sliced and seasoned with worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, red pepper, garlic powder and onion powder) onions, bell pepper, and mushrooms all sauteed with a lil worcestershire and butter for flavor. then I used some of my homemade venison breakfast sausage to roll it up in. with 4 slices of sargento provolone cheese in the middle.
Was doing a search for fatties and came across this. I know it's about 5 years old but it sounds and looks awesome! If you don't mind sharing I am interested in your venison breakfast sausage recipe. I am always looking for new things to do with venison. 

Thanks

PoGo

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky