Pellet Grill Purchase to do Sausage

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BC_Buck

Original poster
Oct 30, 2020
Morning all,

I'm looking to purchase a new pellet grill and have my eye on a Louisiana Grill 1000 Black Label Series. My only concern is that in my research the lowest temp this grill will get is 180 degrees. Is that too high for sausage making? I'm in Canada so options like RecTec etc aren't available.

Thanks for the info.

Morning all,

I'm looking to purchase a new pellet grill and have my eye on a Louisiana Grill 1000 Black Label Series. My only concern is that in my research the lowest temp this grill will get is 180 degrees. Is that too high for sausage making? I'm in Canada so options like RecTec etc aren't available.

Thanks for the info.
180 degrees is too high to smoke sausage. I own a RecTeq but bought a Master built MES30 for doing sausage and fish.

For smoking sausages, ideally you want a large volume chamber so temp. swings will be minimal and the heat source will be 3-5' below the sausages. If sausages are your main goal for the purchase, I suggest a vertical smoker with poles...either home built or custom built. If that is not an option, then get the largest volume commercially built vertical box style you can afford and do some mods on it for better temp. and smoke control. Lots of info here on SMF to do just that....just ask...people will point you in the right direction.

Personally I don’t think that would be a good choice for sausage making, you need something that can get as low as 120 & hold it there, then increase the temp 10 degrees per hour until you hit 170. I don’t think that smoker will do that. Just buy a cheap electric for sausage & use the new one for everything else.
Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky