Pecan Pie ~ Foamheart

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Beautiful pie.I’m going to have to make one.
When I was a youngster, my mom wold make small pecan pies. Maybe 3-4”. She would make 20 or so at a time and accumulate them in the freezer until a church event or some such. I loved to eat them frozen and would help myself quite often. She would go to get them out and say “I thought I had 60 or so pies but I only have 35 I must be losing my mind

Mom;s are great aren't they. My story was the freezer in the garage, a hot summer and about 10 tubes of frozen sugar cookie dough in that freezer. She told us later the had so much fun with it because my sister and I thought we'd really pulled one off... LOL

WHAT??? Never had pecan pie? That's just sinful and non-American :emoji_laughing:

Mom used to make it and was by far my favorite. Ordered it a couple times in restaurants but it always fell short. Now I'm gonna give this a shot. I'm not a baker but this seems easy enough that even I can make it. Here is about the only thing I bake on a rare occasion:

Bourbon peach cobbler in a cast iron skillet cooked on the grill

Pecan pie recipe printed and ready to go into the book. We have friends coming over this Saturday and I have every intention of making this. Thanks Foamy for posting this!! I am truly inspired.

Robert

Yes peaches are awesome when fresh. Made a cobble last week, the crust is half the cobbler though. Your's looks great btw.

IMG_0221.JPG

IMG_0224.JPG

IMG_0227.JPG

I'm loving the ground nuts, missing Molars for grinding. The pie looks amazing. Funny you mention Bourbon. My middle Girl makes an awesome Pecan, Bourbon and BACON, Pie for Christmas each year. Has become a Special Holiday Treat...JJ

JJ would the 2020 Pa gathering count as a special holiday??
Sounds awesome

Warren

Its all those pecan trees we have in the south. You should see my trees this year, the limbs are heavy with fruit with all the water ('course the fertilizer last winter was double dosed too!).

I hope to find some this year. I make these Habanero, Garlic Honey pecans that I get constant request for. They cut down the trees I normally use from a local fire station to put in a lonestar gas station. Last year nobody around year had any. I only have one bag left from 2 years ago. I like the paper shells but don't know where any are now. I maybe out of the pecan business now.

Looks great. Worst thing about being Diabetic is giving up the pecan pies!

Thank you

I understand your calamity, and feel for you. As to pecans, I have a couple of very very old trees on my property so the freezer generally looks like this.

Pecans Freezer.JPG

But since the trees are so old they only produce these days every 3 or 4 years no matter how much you coax 'em. Beautiful trees loads of shade, AND I use the shells to smoke with. Renewable resources!

As I said above, for your spiced nuts Sams is the best way to go. Walnuts, almonds, pecand, cashews, etc etc etc.

WOW !!! I love Pecan Pie & Peach Cobbler and about everything else.
That Breakfast pic is spot on. A nice slice op Pecan Pie, Blue Bell and a cup of Community or Cafe Du Monde I "LIKE" it

Gary

Just mixed this up and into the oven . I used walnuts because they were on sale , and store bought crust . Everything else is the same .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky