PBV4PS1 Pit Boss 4 Pro Series vertical smoker-smoke coming out of hopper

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

AmericanSmoker30

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Apr 20, 2014
Southeast Texas
Please, please help. My vertical smoker is having smoke come out of the hopper after startup. Cleaned auger and hopper. Change control board. Still effed. Can someone give me some advice??

Doubtful it would be the control board.
If it is not an auger fire, maybe your chimney is closed or blocked ?
If chimney is blocked or closed, only way for smoke to exit would be out the hopper.

Doubtful it would be the control board.
If it is not an auger fire, maybe your chimney is closed or blocked ?
If chimney is blocked or closed, only way for smoke to exit would be out the hopper.
Smoke comes through the box during startup, but after an hour, it all goes through the hopper. Would the fire pit be an issue? What about the convection fan?

I don't have one, so sorry, I can't help on what's inside.
I'm sure someone more knowledgeable than I about that smoker will chime in.

Sorry for being so little help since I don't have a Pit Boss. My only suggestion is to contact them. But I think 02ebz06 02ebz06 is on to something.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky