Passover seder qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

timtimmay

Action Team
Original poster
Jan 6, 2010
Colorado
This year our church encouraged the small groups to do a passover seder as part of holy week celebrations. It was the first time we had done one and we worked together on it.

Components of the Seder plate:

Bitter herbs (horseradish). This symbolizes the harshness of the slavery which the Jews endured in Egypt

Charoset: A pebbly paste of fruits and nuts. Represents the mortar used by the Jewish slaves.

Karpas (parsley dipped in salt water): Represents the tears the Jews shed in Egypt.

Zerona (lamb shank): Symbolizing the lamb offered in the Temple in Jerusalem. Also symbolizes the lamb of Christ in a christian sedar.

Beitzah (boiled egg): lots of different meanings, we couldn't find a consistent definition of this item. It was part of a holiday ritual Yom Tov.

Anyways, just thought I would share our unique experience with this passover celebration. Happy Easter to everyone.

Tim,
The last presentation I watched actually had an egg that was colored by using a flame. It almost looked smoked! My understanding has always been that the egg represents new life. (in Christ for our Messianic brethern.) What a great experience! Glad you participated.
Scott

I went to our Passover Seder last night as well. As soon as I walked into the assembly hall I could smell the smoked wood from the lamb. Turned out to be oak and pecan. I quickly tracked down who was in charge of the lamb shank and asked why I was not given such honor
icon_wink.gif
. At least I'm on the short list for next year.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky