"OTBS"

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You are most welcome and deserving, Kathy! Now, after your official dub by the Grand Knight would how would you prefer to be addressed? Lady Kathy, Lady Kathleen, Lady Kathryn, ......?

And BTW! In this venue "Lady" is equal to "Sir" as we pay respect and celebrate the difference! We are all Knights of the Thin Blue Smoke!
Cheers!
Monty

Hi,

I sent a reply but dont know where it went so i am sending another to make sure you get it!

I am truly honored and humbled by this! I will try to live up to the name Lady Kathy!!!!

Thank you for all your support and hours of fun!!!

Now all we are waiting on is the final induction by the Grand Knight himself! Anyone seen or heard of him?
Cheers!
Monty

Congrats on your new found nobility! Now you have to practice looking down your nose and finding kegs... er tankards of ale... I'm still looking for mine!:)

Congrats Lady Kathy,

I am also impressed that you wouldn't give up and kept on smoking.

It always impresses me when someone converts or builds their own rig just so they can smoke.

I think you will be a welcome addition to the order.

thankyou for your kind words! I am having such a good time!

I have spent all morning trying to figure out how to send pictures of my smoker and the brisket and so far i keep coming up empty! any suggestions, guidance,counsel, intstructions are most welcome!

thanks

Okay, okay, I saw the nomination!!! You know, when a feller goes and gets promoted to a stupi... er I mean a SUPERvisor he is expected to do some work or make it look like he doing some work! :mrgreen: Besides I just switched to broadband and have been setting up my laptop on a wireless network (my kids are now calling me a 50 year old geek :roll: and my knees are too old to keep running up and down the stairs to use the wired 'puter).

To the business at hand-that being the nomination of Kathy (aka smokemom) into the Order of the Thin Blue Smoke; Kathy, having been nominated by Sir Monty and duly seconded by JoeD617 and having the wherewithal and mettle (and metal) to construct your own smoker I welcome you Lady Kathy into the Order of the Thin Blue Smoke. Enter and take your place within the Order. Your number is OTBS #034.

By all that is true 'round the table of the faithful to the Thin Blue I am honoured to have you with us, Lady Kathy!
Congratulations and keep up your superior efforts! Won't be long before hubby takes you shopping for "stuff" you need to keep at it!
Cheers!
Monty

And to our Grand Knight! We are patient and aware of your overwhelming task!
In other words, relax brother! We're cool!
Cheers!
Monty

Congratulations Smokemom <Kathy> You made it, good for you. I'll bet your hubby is surprised. Nice Job and well done, Did you figure out the pictures yet?

Joe

Big E, anytime you feel ready all you need to do is ask. Nominations are just another way to enter into the OTBS.

Lady K congrats and welcome to the ranks of the order. You have earned a spots here with the skills you have displayed, despite your husband's snickers behind your back. On your next cook, make sure you have him fetch you cold ones when needed.

thanks!

my husband is coming around! He actually suggested that we smoke another brisket for a party that is coming up!!! and he used the word WE!

Yep, You to cook and him to supervise. Don't let 'em pull a fast one on ya, Lady K!! :D

Congrats, Lady K! I patiently await my appointment, which I shall requisition Dutch for after, and only after I conquer (in my mind) what I consider the "Big Boys"; Brisket, Pork Ribs, Pork Shoulder. I've done the brisket and shoulder. Both turned out well, but not quite worthy. Tomorrow I attempt the ribs, spares. Then it's back to brisket and shoulder. Enough of me, congrats on the appointment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky