Ordered the pot today!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Hey Bum..... How are you going to lock it up ????? Nice new custom mini asking to be stolen..... Maybe with congress leaving town for 5 weeks, our personal stuff will be safe.... HAHAHAHAHAHA .....
lurk.gif
Right on the money Dave! Hahahahahahaha.....

lurk.gif
 don't leave it out agian LOL  Glad to hear you are getting another one - Good luck and post some pics cause ya all know 
worthless.gif

DS

Very well. It'll still work as a grill without the bottom vent, but will get probably 1.5x as hot with it.

I've been thinking of drilling one hole dead center and getting a stainless plug for it. That way if I want a searing machine I just remove the plug. If I want a smoker I leave it in place.

Made an interesting discovery. I was getting something out of the cabinet when I noticed my spring form pan sitting there. The size struck a familiar chord....

Perfect fit!! I think I'll try it once as is, but likely I'll need to perforate it with the drill. Best part is it's short enough that the grate will fit on top, making switching to grill mode for reverse searing that much easier.
It should still hold plenty of charcoal for a good long cook.

Last edited:
This is getting kind of annoying. Out of cutoff wheels for the Dremel. Probably a blessing as it was a messy, noisy pain in the butt to do the last one with the Dremel. Gonna borrow a friend's jigsaw instead. Will head over there this evening.

Well she's done. For now. I got clever and decided to use long shank rivets to hold the grate. Except the ones I have are a millimeter too short, so if you wiggle it around the grate can fall thru. So for now I've got some long screws just to hold it. Didn't have any nuts but it'll do for now. Stand by for Q-view!!

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky