Ok time for a new smoker and this time propane

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

brozzi

Original poster
Jul 17, 2023
It's not a poll but just looking for recommendations on propane smokers. No more electric garbage for me. I just couldnt get my Char-Broil up to temp so i'm done.
Budget is around $400 i guess. Thanks guys

I have MB gasser. Its a few yrs old but it still works great. Check out this one..

Jim

Reactions: Pit pixie
I have MB gasser. Its a few yrs old but it still works great. Check out this one..

Jim
I was considering that unit - reading the reviews on Amazon as we speak

Reactions: JLeonard
It's not a poll but just looking for recommendations on propane smokers. No more electric garbage for me. I just couldnt get my Char-Broil up to temp so i'm done.
Budget is around $400 i guess. Thanks guys
What appeals to you about propane? Did you try any of the recommendations for the Char-Broil?

Curious as to why you consider electric garbage?

Adding a PID controller to an electric smoker makes it the best set and forget smoker you'll ever own. If your Char-Broil is still functional I would highly consider going that route.

I had a MB propane and struggled to keep low temp and not flaring up the chunks. Went to an electric MB with a PID then onto the MB800 gravity feed. Gave away the propane unit.

Reactions: chopsaw
DGW1904BDP-D Dyna-Glo extra wide 43 LP Propane smoker
Thoughts?

I had the MB 40" Thermotemp for 4 years. It was fantastic. The bottom rusted out. I was looking to buy another one, but could not find one in stock anywhere. I went with a 18" WSM to get me by until the MB becomes available.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky