OK HERE GOES, THIS QUESTION MAY MAKE ME LOOK LIKE A FOOL, BUT IT WONT BE THE 1st TIME

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

franco61365

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Has anybody ever thought of, or has done a convert from coal and wood horazontal smoker to propane?, I am thinking of gutting an old stove/oven and putting the burner into my sidebox, and using a chip box for the wood, it could be temp controled and set it and forget it ( kinda ), it sure seems like something that would work if I can find a burner small enough to fit into the side box, and it would help keep my temps better.

Give it some thought and let me know what you think.

i just built myself a new smoker. i made a "burner" from a piece of 3/4" gas pipe, 2 elbows, and two nipples. i welded it in my firebox under my log rack. it will be used to light my wood on fire easier. i will get some pics soon. i have a few more things to do still (paint it, add a handle to the door, and the smokestack).

I thought about it too cause my smoker is a charcoal hog.
I thought about doing something like Chris did to his smoker. But it seems like the ash would fall down between the grates and smother the gas lines and make it difficult to clean out. Maybe I will just run the gas lines into the smoker box itself, just so it would hold the heat a little better.
You do have a good idea, let me know if it works good cause I might just try it too.

Dude!
WHY would this make you look like a fool? It's an intelligent question and a good one.

Now if you asked something like will I get smoke when I burn wood - that might make you look a bit silly.
PDT_Armataz_01_29.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky