Official 2013 N Fl Gathering--April 5th, 6th, and 7th

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pineywoods

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
OTBS Admin
Group Lead
Mar 22, 2008
Florida
We will be holding the official SMF N Fl Gathering again this year on April 5th, 6th, and 7th and would like to invite all our members to come join us.

The property is just outside of Quincy, Fl just west of Tallahassee and just south of Bainbridge, Ga any and all are more than welcome. Its not a bad drive from a lot of places and is not far off of I-10. You can fly into Tallahassee and we can arrange pickup there. We will have camping on site we have lots of space for tents and have power and water for several RV's as well. There is a campground with cabins and many motels not far away I'll post some info about them soon. This property is out in the sticks but we do have water and power and a few other amenities the camp area is a couple acres of cleared land with some buildings. We have several pole barns and a building with a kitchen. Last year we had three large reverse flow smokers running with lots of food coming off them you won't go hungry we promise ya.

I will be posting the hotel and campground info in this thread sometime this week we usually have a local hotel and a local campground offer special deals to our members attending the Gathering. If tent camping we have lots of room here and there is no charge we also have a shower room here. We have a couple RV sites with electric and water but I believe they are already all reserved but if that changes I'll post it.

As things change or evolve I will update this post so check back for updates

The Hampton Inn will be our official Hotel and will be offering discounted room rates of $79.99+ taxes just call them at 850-627-7555 and tell them you are with the Smoking Meat Forums group confirmation number 87799522 and you would like to reserve one of the rooms from that block. Be sure to tell them whether you want a king or two queens. Here's the rest of the info for the hotel

Hampton Inn Quincy

165 Spooner Road

Quincy. FL 32351

It's time to try to get an idea of how many people will be attending if you are coming please Pm me with how many you are bringing

Here's some links to past Gatherings here

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/112689/official-smf-n-fl-gathering-april-13th-14th-and-15th-2012

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/100174/n-fl-gathering-v

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/105346/pictures-of-the-n-florida-smf-gathering-2011

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/105343/n-fl-gathering-pics-lots-of-pics

Last edited:
Can't wait
yahoo.gif
A year is too long LOL

I hope to make it again this year. Its such a great event.

Me + 2 maybe 4 others hauling the flaming pop-up of death. :biggrin:

Will there be room service this year?

I might be showing up... I might have another BBQ Comp that weekend I will have to check.  Otherwise I might just hop on the harley and cruise on down there for the weekend.

Jerry, how are the roads down there? Want to take the tC but not much ground clearance, hate to have to drive the Behemoth! 

The roads are usually in pretty good shape they are dirt but the county does a good job of keeping them graded.

Already have the time off approved months ago.... Me and maybe 2... Looking forward to meeting up with everyone from last year and to meet newcomers.......

Joe

Will be there again and my wife this time too. Going to drive the RV down.

I put in for leave back in Dec! Looks like Kyle will be back with me this year! He's back from across the pond. I'm planning on bringing the cooker again as usual. Hot wing surprise for a couple of lucky folks if the hell dust shows up again.

I put in for leave back in Dec! Looks like Kyle will be back with me this year! He's back from across the pond. I'm planning on bringing the cooker again as usual. Hot wing surprise for a couple of lucky folks if the hell dust shows up again.
WOOOOO HOOOOO

WINGS

nana2.gif

As with the South Florida gathering last fall. My attendance will depend on bussiness at work. One of my partners has requested the time off already. So if we are slow enough that the other 2 Chefs can cover, I will be good to go...... So it looks like we will be a last minute descission...... Sucks when things fall in Banquet season.........

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky