Nuthin’ wrong with BUTT

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fowldarr

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Aug 26, 2013
Oregon Coast
Well, it’s the inaugural weekend of cooking on my new Bell Fab smoker, chicken thighs were delicious, time for Pork Butt.

nothing special about the way I do it.

Two ‘all natural’ pork butts. Label made me laugh, I’m not sure what an unnatural pork butt would be, but I’m not paying extra for it at Burger King

ADEF5B33-59B0-40C5-9F25-98E28EB1B66D.jpeg

French’s mustard as a binder

CF25AC8B-DB61-442B-948F-925BE84629A8.jpeg

Then some homemade rub (paprika, garlic pow, onion pow, s&p, brown sugar)
5D6533FD-D65E-4B31-9402-99175E4AD33A.jpeg

Wrapped in Saran Wrap, and in the fridge for the night. See you all in the morning.

Good looking start. Un-natural Butts? The Butts " enhanced " aka injected with salt water to increase the weight and profit...JJ

Well, as far as updates, they are on the smoker. Smoker is currently running between 230-240, IT of the butts is 70F

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky