nuther new guy

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

snowdog71

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jun 16, 2013
Colorado Springs
Hello smf community my name is Rick from Colorado Springs I am a journeyman electrician who used to want to be a chef and cooked professionally long enough to hate it, but I love to cook for family friends and myself.  I am already in love with my new smoker      a two door master forge propane smoker i got it for fathers day, a day early so i smoked two briskets that were pretty nice for my first try, and some fresh trout caught from a lake nearby.  If anyone has a good link for beercan chicken and a wildgame sausage let me know, also if i just signed up twice sorry. Happy Smoking

LOL.... Its cool. they won't shot you,

Listen As you know fathers day was yesterday and the Gurus were running fast.  The search engine will help you find things and you'll be amazed at how specific it can be. Also the forum is broken down as to meats also.

Nice smoker BTW.

If you have not already, I would recommend you drop by the Roll Call section in the forums to get the real 21 gun salute, whistles, horns and bells welcome. Then the Gurus magically appear.  They will want to help you get on board and past any stunbling stones you might encounter. These guys are great, the search engine is crammed full of all kinds of stuff.

Nice to meet you, welcome to my addiction.

PS forest fires are NOT considered smoking, even if you bring the marshmallows!

Welcome to the forums, Rick! Glad you've joined us. You've found a great place to learn and share ideas on our favorite pastimes...grilling, smoking, and curing great food! There are lots of friendly and knowledgeable folks here who really enjoy helping one another. Just ask any time you need help and you'll get plenty!

You can use the search bar at the top of the page to seek threads on specific topics, such as Beer Can Chicken: http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/newsearch?search=Beer+can+chicken

Red

Welcome to the forum Rick. Plenty of good recipes here and beer cans are pretty widely used. I like trout on the grill also but it can be tricky to keep it together, at least for me. Smoked trout is great also.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky