Not happy with my oven roasted brisket (again)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I recently bought 3 ThermoPop but haven't tried one out.
I usually use a ThermoPen from Wally World.

Brisket needs some fat to help cook the meat even if you drain it away when done.
Brisket isn't pot roast for a Sunday dinner cook. The taters will be mush long before the meat is cooked to tender.

I place the potatoes in 1.5 hours before slicing. Thats why I try to calculate when both will be ready at the same time

I place the potatoes in 1.5 hours before slicing. Thats why I try to calculate when both will be ready at the same time
Maybe an easier approach would to fully cook the brisket and hold it while you cook the taters in the juice. Even if the meat is done ahead of your planned meal time, it can be held for quite some time.

Maybe an easier approach would to fully cook the brisket and hold it while you cook the taters in the juice. Even if the meat is done ahead of your planned meal time, it can be held for quite some time.
True

Try adding a dill pickle spear .
I'm a stick in the mud - I do not usually change something once I am happy with it from fear that I will ruin it and have to toss it in the G-can! :emoji_laughing:

Is a pickle in a pot roast really a thing?

Rechecking and rewriting instructions. Never put a pickle in with the brisket, but pickles are part of the meal. I always bought Strubs, but turns out they filed for bankruptcy. Figures as they were about $2 - $3 more than other brands at retailers.

Full sour, but found a similar replacement

Have to buy another flat and try Al's recipe

DON

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky