Northern Lights!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I didn’t take this but beautiful picture.
Jamestown is known for the Worlds Largest Buffalo.
IMG_6135.jpeg

Fun to see and happy everyone is enjoying the spectacle.
I have seen some wonderful displays at 02:30 during harvest (sugar beets is 24/7 thing)
BUT it plays havoc with our GPS based auto steer systems in the tractors.

Reactions: jcam222 and DougE
Fun to see and happy everyone is enjoying the spectacle.
I have seen some wonderful displays at 02:30 during harvest (sugar beets is 24/7 thing)
BUT it plays havoc with our GPS based auto steer systems in the tractors.
Not a sight we see this far south often. Interestingly, I could not see it until I took a pic with my phone. A friend texted me last night and asked if I had seen the northern lights and sent a pic. I went outside, texted him back saying I didn't see chit. He said to open my camera app and take a pic of the sky. It was only then that I could see what was in the images I posted. Didn't see it just looking up at the sky.

Not a sight we see this far south often. Interestingly, I could not see it until I took a pic with my phone. A friend texted me last night and asked if I had seen the northern lights and sent a pic. I went outside, texted him back saying I didn't see chit. He said to open my camera app and take a pic of the sky. It was only then that I could see what was in the images I posted. Didn't see it just looking up at the sky.
I was watching CNN today and they were talking about what you experienced. Really do not remember all the reasons why your cell phone could see it better then you but glad you got a few pictures.

Reactions: DougE
I caught the faintest glimpse of purple here near Charlotte NC. So light that I thought my eyes were seeing what I wanted to see but I drove out a bit from the city lights and I could definitely see a faint tinge of purple. Nothing showed up on camera.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky