News and Prayers

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gotoleep

Fire Starter
Original poster
Feb 4, 2009
Fayetteville, NC
Listen, I have not been on much, been pretty busy, BUT.......................
OK here is the news ... I am a healthy 47 y/o, 5'11", 190 pound male with no significant family history. Full physical 1 1/2 years ago that maintained previous findings of within normal range Chol/Triglycerides. Clean Physical. I get plenty of exercise, stay active, play active sports, etc.

So why am I lying in the hospital in Cardiac Intensive care after having an Anterolateral Myocardial Infarction (Big Friggin Heart Attack) and having to have emergency cardiac angioplasty and stent placement Thursday afternoon with 2 more scheduled for tomorrow. My point is everyone take care of yourselves. I had the opportunity to get that testing done that scans your body looking vascular and heart issues. I didn't, you should. I think it is called LifeLink. I will see if I can get more details. But it is cheap, like 140.00 total.

Talk about something bringing prospective to one's situation or life or whatever.

Everyone take care!!!!!!! Prayers welcomed.

You and your family are in my prayers. I know what you mean about something happens and your whole perspective on life changes.

I can relate Dan........ I've now had 2 heart attacks and 3 stents installed..I'm only 47 ... But it seems i have a family history of suck things...I assume u are on blood thinners now?? If so you will now have a bruise anywhere something touches you....I hated that at first and quit taking them.....The second attack made me rethink that....Stay on your meds !!! Take care my friend.

Take care and we will pray for you and your family.

Oh wow man, take care. I had one of those sacns about 3 years ago and they found an Aortic anuerism Sp?. Not big enough to operate, but need a scan yearly. My heart doc made it mandtory to take fish oil caps. Since that time I found something even better, called Krill oil. Ask your doc about them.

Good luck.

Unbelievable how much stress we put our bodies through before it tells us "enough!". I'm hoping you have a speedy recovery and thank you for bringing this to light.

DANG man that ain't good I had been wondering where you'd been guess I know now. Take care of yourself and do what the doctors say for awhile. Good luck with all the work being done and get well soon.

Sorry to hear about your attack. Just take it easy for awhile and get healed up.

Thank you everyone for the kind words, thoughts and prayers.
Today's procedure went without a hitch, so I should be out of here wednesday morning. Thanks again.

Hooray! Good for you. Take care.

Sincere wishes for a speedy and full recovery.

I had one of those screening scans a couple of years ago. Lots of machines but I thought the people using them didn't know much about what they were doing. My doctor didn't have much faith these screenings.

I'll do it again soon. It's a good way to get some basic screening test done at a good price. I think a hospital based test directed by a physician who knows what they are looking for or what they want to look for would be better but way more expensive.

You will probably hate the Plavix (blood thinners) as mentioned, but with the new drug eluding stents they are using, it is a must or you can expect a heart attack.

RonP: aneurysm.

This is what occurred.
They fixed the offending artery on Thursday (2 stents), but I had 2 more arteries to stent. I had a reaction to the anticoagulant they use for the stenting procedure. My normal Platelet count of 185,000 dropped to 3,000 (pretty high risk level for spontaneous bleeding. Not even allowed to brush teeth). They transfused me with some platelets and allowed for the natural replacement. By today, they were 85,000. Acceptable for stenting. So here I sit, but they are gong to make me stay until Wednesday just to be as safe as possible.

Thanks again for everyone's kind words and prayers. I am still in shock over this as are all my friends and family!!!!!

I'm so sorry to hear that. I can definitely relate having had a MAJOR heart attack at the same age, 47. I too had no history, low total cholesterol, blood pressure was in the normal range. Yet I still had the darn thing. My cardiologist had said the type I had was called the widow maker. If I had waited another fifteen minutes I wouldn't be typing this.

Forgot to mention, I had to have a heart pump installed for a while just to be kept alive. My heart wasn't strong enough on its own.

I hope everything goes well and listen to the Doc. As was said earlier, take those meds and don't miss a dose.

It's been over three years and life is great. There is a good life to be had after heart disease. Grab it and live like ya never did before.

Oh btw good bbq is a good part of my cardiac diet

Finally, some good news!!
icon_wink.gif
icon_wink.gif
icon_wink.gif
icon_wink.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky