newbie in NorCal.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

migraine

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Aug 4, 2011
Sacramento, California
no more lurking for me. 

Now, I'm on a mission to pick up where I left off 25 years ago.  In previous times, I used a ECB and made the best turkey I have ever had, along with veal breasts, etc.

For the last 15 years, I have been cheating with a propane grill and no smoking except for chips in a tin foil pouch.

Now is the time for me to step up and get more serious.  I am on disability due to spinal injuries so I now have the time(I need a new hobby)

I have a $200 gift card for cabelas that is burning a hole in my pocket and I'm ready to pull the trigger, except....

I really don't want to baby sit a smoker, so I leaning towards a electric. 

But, after running out of propane, I have been grilling on a baby weber and the flavor is soooo much better than a gas grill.  Now, I'm not sure I want electric.(I like the look of a smoke ring), but I want flavor over looks.

I have been drooling over the new masterbuilts, but the $$$ just are not there(we are empty nesters) so the smoking/grilling is for two.  Now, I see the smokin-it and the lower price masterbuilts($179) and I wondering which will be better or should I go with the weber smoker

Decisions and uncertainty,

Brian

BTW, I've hinted for a amazing pellet smoker for fathers day only to fall on deaf ears

Hi Brian! 
welcome1.gif
 to SMF!!! We're happy you quit lurking and showed yourself! (I see you've been hiding for awhile) I don't think I can really help you with your decision because I use a propane smoker and really that's all I've ever used but there are a lot of great people here who have used everything so I'm sure they will be along to help you.

Would you do us a favor and update your profile to include your location, Thanks!

It might be good to hold off on that Amazen Smoker until you decide what kind of smoker you get, I think the new Tube Smoker is better designed for charcoal and I know the AMNPS is a real winner with the electrics but whichever way you go the Amazen is a great tool to have!

Hello Brian and 
welcome1.gif
to SMF - MES and Smokin It are both good units 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky