Newbie from Northwest Arkansas

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

hogfan40

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jan 8, 2010
NW Arkansas
Guys i'm sorry, i missed this part of the forum all together. We'll better late than never. I have been smoking for about 4 years now, I am from Northwest Arkansas, and love those Razorbacks. I am currently waiting on my Lang 60 delux to be dropped off, hopefully this week. And have a few other goodies i'll post, as soon as my Lang gets here, so i only have to do it once.

Thanks for having me.

O Yea, as soon as it gets here I will do indeed, also I'm going to upgrade my mebership here, and put some real nice Q view up on here.

Welcome to smf.. You will love your Lang !!! Happy smokes
icon_mrgreen.gif

Only if the crazy weather we are having in the south would go back north, maybe it could get here, they are talking snow again here later this week, just in time for the drop off of the Lang.
mad.gif
It should have been here last week, but Ben Lang said he couldn't get out because of the ice and snow they were having there. I have had enough of this snow, so much for global warming. Ha!!!!

LOL on ben saying that... He's about 80 miles north of me and just last friday they had their first snow in YEARS... And the reports i heard was it was about a dusting at best... Im sure he means the guys that lug em around on the trailer are having difficulty keeping a schedule because of all the bad weather around the country...Ben is a great down to earth guy and he sure can make a smoker !!!

Well welcome to SMF and you know all the reasons where this is one of the greatest BBQ websites an forums out there. So I hope your lang gets to you very soon and I know you will like it. So enjoy and I hope you have a good camera for all the Qview you'll be taking very soon.

Arrgghhh!! I was affraid of that, when i had talked to him he said it was icing as we spoke.
icon_neutral.gif
So who knows, I just want my new toy....

LOl i hear ya.. Im sure they actually had some ice on the bridges there that day and night, but im also sure it was gone the next morning... I hear ya on wanting it NOW....That's why i drove up there and picked it up.. because when i get something that nice, i gotta touch it and bring it home right then !!!! Again, congrtas on your new toy... They are awesome smokers !!! And it should outlast the grandkids
icon_mrgreen.gif

O Yea, showing up with the Lang. We will have to get hooked up, and just have a big blow out, invite everybody that walks by for some Q. I would like to try the Bikes,Blues & BBQ Competition this year, that is the plan.

Doing the Competition, or just hanging out? this year will be my first competition, bring out your smoker and see what we can do.

[font=&quot][/font]

[font=&quot]Welcome to SMF, Glad to have you with us. This is the place to learn, lots of good info and helpful friendly Members.[/font]

[font=&quot]For Those of you New to Smoking, be sure to check out Jeff's 5 Day Smoking Basics eCourse.[/font]
[font=&quot]Click Here it's "FREE" ... 5 Day eCourse[/font]

[font=&quot]I Would Highly Suggest Reading these posts on Food Safety by bbally. [/font]

[font=&quot]This thread will tell you basically everything you need to know and the man explaining it is[/font]
[font=&quot]both a ServSafe Instructor and a HACCP Instructor.[/font]
[font=&quot]http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/for...t=72852&page=2[/font]

[font=&quot]http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/for...ad.php?t=86620[/font]

[font=&quot]Here you can get the 2009 USDA Food Safety Guide from his site.[/font]
[font=&quot]http://prochefblog.com/public_pics/f...09foodcode.pdf[/font]

[font=&quot]How to post Qview to Forum:[/font]

[font=&quot]When you uploading to Photobucket I always use the Large IMG setting, 640 x 480 it is a nice size...[/font]

[font=&quot]Everyone here enjoys seeing the Qview so be sure to post plenty of pics...[/font]

[font=&quot]Large ones that us old people with bad eyes can see.[/font]

[font=&quot][/font]

[font=&quot]For Step By Step Instructions On Posting Qview Check Out This Tutorial[/font]

[font=&quot]http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/for...ad.php?t=82034[/font]

Beer-B-Q thanks for the info. Also with a upgrade on membership that will allow me to put bigger pictures up right?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky