Newbie from Miami Lakes, FL

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

lito

Original poster
Jun 12, 2012
Miami Lakes, FL
38 yr old Male, been smoking for about 18 months, started with a Brinkmann Vertical Propane and wife just got me a Masterbuilt XL for Father's day. I implemented the basic modifications discussed here and I am in love with this smoker.Next mod is a rolling base so I can move it around without throwing out my back (if any one has dimensions or build notes I would appreciate it).

Favorite items to smoke - Boston Butt, Spare Ribs, Baby Backs, Fresh Dolphin & Beer Can Chicken

Biggest Smoking Disaster - Brisket " I just cant figure it out" - need help/tips

I recently started making my own BBQ sauces and so far so good, favorite is a S.Carolina Mustard sauce.

I look forward to learning a-lot with this group and am interested in the smoking e-course.

Beers Y'all

welcome1.gif
 to SMF!!! We're happy to have you here! Would you do us a favor and add your location to your profile, we like to know where everyone is at, Thanks! There's lot's of great people here who can help you out with that brisket and you can also use the search bar at the top to find answers to almost all your questions fast. I know there are a lot of threads on here with basically step by step's to smoking great brisket! In case you haven't found it yet here is Jeff's E-course: http://www.smoking-meat.com/smoking-basics-ecourse.html

WOW - I just read Jeff's article and he makes it sound so easy. I am going to try it next weekend and see how it goes.

Thanks for the link!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky