New Toy for Boat

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
That’s an awesome device to have. Enjoy!!

Bass fishing was a bad habit that I had all my life, started as 10 yo kid :emoji_grinning:

I've only had one shoulder operation. But I weaned my way off of it about 10 years ago because it was too expensive. Amount of money spent per hour on the water just became too steep. And I developed other interests.

But I still have my Skeeter and my tackle. I can't let go. I still get out a couple times a year. It was absolutely a love and a passion. I know when I sell the Skeeter and see the new owner haul it down the street, that its over for good. And I just can't say that.
I moved away from bass fishing about the same time as you and I have a ton of tackle that doesn't get used anymore, but no way I can give up fishing...it's just in my blood. I just switched species and tactics and the guiding I do now is so enjoyable. I don't actually get to catch many fish anymore, but I get to meet so many new people, make new friends, catch up with old ones who come back for another trip, and watch them catch fish...hopefully :emoji_laughing:

Awesome Brian..... I'm in the market for a new boat come January. Would be great to have one on it. I plan on getting a sea hunt 239 se.

Brian is this your next truck...lol

"Introducing the Ram Aquatic, for all your fishing and boating needs!"
*Submersible Quad-Cab package optional. Check with your local Coast Guard for restrictions and guidelines.

**Closed-course lake. Do not attempt. Always wear a lifejacket.
1681747306018.png

Brian is this your next truck...lol

"Introducing the Ram Aquatic, for all your fishing and boating needs!"
*Submersible Quad-Cab package optional. Check with your local Coast Guard for restrictions and guidelines.

**Closed-course lake. Do not attempt. Always wear a lifejacket.
View attachment 663109
Cheap entertainment can be had at many public boat landings on most weekends once the weather warms up...

That looks like a great addition Brian.
I'm at the crossroads about selling my boat. Haven't used it locally for 3 yrs as our bodies of water basically have gotten either fished out or winterkilled.
Let the brother use it last year at lake cabin as his boat was down for the season. Kinda hate to see the taillights leave the driveway though.

I really thought about selling it last week. Kills my back and I suck at fishing. I would also not have to buy a new truck! I taking it today to get trolling motor installed.

Reactions: flatbroke
I going to try to use the internal transducer to my Garmin 106. I mostly use the livescope anyhow. Be nice getting those cables off the motor. I have a 106 on the console also.
One more thing Brian, I run Garmin electronics on my boat, also. I have the Echomap Ultra 106 and 126 and have had trouble with interference from my Minn Kota. Seems to only affect Garmin, there's no rhyme or reason to it, and it is annoying. It looks like this...
20230422_070818[1].jpg

20230422_074114[1].jpg

There are several things to do that will reduce or eliminate this so if you're seeing this, let me know and I can help you try to get rid of it. There is a fix for it that's covered under warranty from Minn Kota, but you have to ask for it and take it to an authorized Minn Kota repair shop. New motors like yours may actually come with this mod already in place, but I'm not sure. There are a bunch of other easier fixes that may help, I've done them all.

One more thing Brian, I run Garmin electronics on my boat, also. I have the Echomap Ultra 106 and 126 and have had trouble with interference from my Minn Kota. Seems to only affect Garmin, there's no rhyme or reason to it, and it is annoying. It looks like this...
View attachment 663621
View attachment 663622
There are several things to do that will reduce or eliminate this so if you're seeing this, let me know and I can help you try to get rid of it. There is a fix for it that's covered under warranty from Minn Kota, but you have to ask for it and take it to an authorized Minn Kota repair shop. New motors like yours may actually come with this mod already in place, but I'm not sure. There are a bunch of other easier fixes that may help, I've done them all.
I will watch for it. Only out once since trolling motor install. I still kind of on the fence about selling boat. Right now would sell quick probably and could use that to go on guide trips. If I continue going to have to take some instructional guide trips. One guy comes on your boat and tunes your graphs and shows how to find fish with them. Also bass fishes with lures.

Say what you don't like wet feet :emoji_laughing: :emoji_angry: me neither but I guess it's part of life.
The things we have to change or other life's facts that we have to change.

Warren

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky