New member from northwest ohio

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

farmer-fred

Original poster
Jul 27, 2017
Hello all, I just joined this fine site looking for like minded people who enjoy smoking and grilling outdoors. I currently use a Weber Performer Premium Deluxe Copper with a Home made rotisserie ring, a train Embers 22.5 dome smoker with a Q master temp control added and a Kitchen Aid 4 burner gasser. I an a semi retired farmer who enjoys outdoor cooking, 57 Chevys and building hot rods, antique tractors and woodworking. Looking forward to enjoying the time spent here.

texas.gif
  Good morning and welcome to the forum from a hot sunny day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web. Lots of great people with tons of information on just about everything.

Gary

texas.gif
  Good morning and welcome to the forum from a hot sunny day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web. Lots of great people with tons of information on just about everything.

Gary
​Thanks for the welcome Gary. You are right this is a very informative site. I bought a Trail Embers Smoker back when TSC had them on sale for fathers day for $99.00 and I have gotten many helpful hints and tips from this site.

Hey Fred,

Welcome to SMF. Lots of good info here. I'm in Ohio, down near Columbus. Grew up in burbs of Cleveland .

Enjoy!

RG

texas.gif

Gary
Hello all. New to this site and to pellet smokers. Have a question and I'm sure the talent out there has an answer. Just purchased a GMG Jim Bowie and am learning the rig. Initially very impressed. But...I have already noted that there is much more smoke at lower temps than at the higher temps. Wife complaining. Does anyone have any experience with extending the smoke stack? Pros and cons? If it's a good thing does anyone have suggestions on materials to use, etc? I'll enthusiastically steal a good idea.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky