New member from California, king of the smoking states! -UPDATED QVIEW

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
OK here is your Qview, The pics start about halfway through smoking simply because I did not have time when I started them to stop for pics. Was a busy Saturday. These ribs turned out very moist and falling off the bone just the way I like them. I think not to bad for my first smoke on this rig. The temp average about 225-235 for a little over 5 hours, Hickory, dry rub w/o mop and I did not foil them at any point.

I did not do the mod with the dryer hose to bring the chimney down however I did take the charcoal tray and flip it upside down and suspended it on the second rung. This worked great. Now the theory is this should only get better with practice!

dafac092_IMG_0004.jpg

e07359c3_IMG_0005.jpg

Done!

9e63e0ef_IMG_0007.jpg

4593d463_IMG_0010.jpg

Nice first run! Great looking ribs.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Definately do the smoke stack mod... it really does help and only takes a minute to do.

Welcome to the forum. Glad to have you aboard. Those ribs look excellent! Nice smoker!

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky