New Member from Bakersfield Ca

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

DoubleTSmoker

Original poster
Nov 18, 2018
Bakersfield Ca
Hey everyone. I've followed this site for a year or so now. Finally decided to make an account to interact with everyone. I'm originally from the south plains of Texas now living in Cali for the last few years. Still not use to not finding brisket everywhere. I do most of my smoking on a Oklahoma Joe's, but I invested in a Pit Boss Copperhead 5 for quick smokes and speciality smokes like making sausage and cheese. I'm hoping to try my hand at making summer sausage soon if y'all have any tips for me, I'd appreciate it.

Welcome, which was hotter ? Texas or Bakersfield?

Welcome to the site. Glad you decided to join.

Chris

Welcome to the site. Use the search function for your summer sausage, as there are a ton of posts about it . Good luck!

Glad you're out of the fog of Lurksville, DoubleTSmoker! Welcome to SMF, Bakersfield, and California. Tri tip is the brisket of Caliville, and pretty much available everywhere. Brisket is definitely harder to find, but you've got some grocers in your area that carry it, just not quite a cheaply as you'll find in Texas. I figure you're probably familiar with Costco and Sams. If you haven't tried the discount grocers like Winco, FoodMaxx, and Smart & Final, give them a shot. They go through spurts of having a small choice of brisket, to a lot of brisket. Winco sells points only, too, on occasion.

Enjoy the forum!

Ray

Thanks for having me

Flatbroke it's about the same. I really miss the cold from back home. Bako only gets down to 32 for an hour once a year it seems and is normally 40-60 degrees. But during the summer nights cool off more back home.

Noboundaries last spring I was finding whole briskets at Foods Co. And was smoking a brisket about everey 2 weeks. They were desently priced That was until summer prices decided to kick in which sent price/lb sky high. If done a few trips tips .Here lately I've gotten into grinding them into hamburger meat and sausage. Turned out pretty good .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky