New Maverick

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

azbullfrog

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Feb 2, 2013
Chandler, AZ
Got the Mav from Todd, great service! Very quick turnaround. Trying it out smoking jerky in my MES. I am having problems with smoker probe high temp setting. Default is 176, I need 155. I can increase setting, but can't decrease down to 155. What am I missing? Read the instructs 6 times!

Your welcome.  The default is a pita but I love my mavs. I would suggest checking out 6' probes they make everything easier.  Todd has the best price for them..http://www.amazenproducts.com/.  That way you have back up ones just in case of probe failure.

Stan
Sorry the probes todd has are for the 732.  At 176 default you have a 73. you can get 6' maverick et73 probeson amazon for the 73

Stan

Last edited:
Well, been dialing smoker thermostat in with Mav...it's cycling between 147 and 163. Is that a "normal" temp swing? Water bowl is filled with sand, MES has no insulation on bottom, seems like there should be some?

I think that sounds right but I don't have a MES so don't know for sure.  The swing should get a little smaller the longer its on and probably bigger when adding food.

Stan

I just ordered the Maverick ET-732 set and a pair of the 6 ft probes right away. They shipped seperately from different locations, but both arrived safely today. I will be testing them this week when the new WSM arrives.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky