New here

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Xmsean

Original poster
Jun 17, 2020
Just wanted to say hi. I love smoking meat in my Highland offset smoker. I have been smoking meat for about 4 years. Love brisket and Pork Butt but can eat pork belly burnt ends every day and never be sick of jt.

I do have an issue getting my Oklahoma Joe dialed in. It always seems either it runs to hot. I try to rein it down and It smothers the fire. I can go into more detail but i was not sure if this was the place for this question.

Thanks

Hey, welcome from texas. I'm fairly new myself but managed to pretty much dial in a very cheap kingsford sierra smoker by applying gasket and rtv sealant around the cook chamber door, firebox door, around the smoke stack and between the firebox and cook chamber. It helped alot.

This is a bit of a hack in my opinion but I guess it depends on your opinion on using charcoal as the primary heat source and throwing a few logs on top for smoke. In my situation, my smoker is too cheap so I gotta keep a charcoal coal bed. I tried and tried but I don't think it's capable of maintaining temp using just sticks so every hour or so I push the old coals towards the cook chamber and leave myself about a quarter of the firebox space to add unlit charcoals. Then I throw a couple logs on top to keep giving it smoke.It helps me keep the temp pretty even when before I would have to mess with it every 5 minutes in order to maintain temp.

Reactions: JC in GB
Welcome to the site, I love PBBEs also, but can only eat them once or twice a year.

Chris

Reactions: Xmsean
Welcome from Iowa! Glad to have ya here. Can't be much help with your smoker but others seem to be helping you out

Ryan

Thank you y'all

Is there a board for Oklahoma Joe smokers?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky