new 1 from Tx

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokum

Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Aug 16, 2008
Childress
Howdy yall, I'm new here to SMF, but have been smokin fer sum time now.
I been lurkin fer bout a month. I'm not much on this puter stuff tho so yall
may haf ta help me on that to. I have had a old homemade smoker fer
bout 18 yrs now. My miss bought me a bran newun yesturday, its a new
bransfeul bandera, er sumin like that. I'm new to the butt thang thou.
Never did shoke a butt. I most all ways smoke brisket and sawsage.
We was at sam club and I got me some butts and country style spare ribs, never smoked them either. Any ways I gona try that today. I got sum pics but not all that sure how ta putem up here. Any way thanks fer
all the good readn an recipes, an help. Probly post more after wile.
biggrin.gif

Welcome to the SMF. lots of good folk here to assist you. Smoke that Butt at around 225/240 degs to an internal temp of 200 deg. wrap in foil and place in a cooler and cover with thick towels. let it rest for an hour or 2. you will be able to pull the meat apart with forks. the bone can be easily pulled out. Your gonna like this place.

Welcome to the SMF. Good luck with your smoke today. And there's advice on the forum too for posting your pics. All around help!!

Welcome to SMF... and by golly we'll break you of that Texas brisket habit! LOL! Not that there is anything WRONG with brisket...but there's SOOO much more to smoke! Enjoy your time here.

Hello one from the Lone Star State, and welcome to the SMF. looks like you're stocking up for some good smokes.

Welcome Smokum!see ya live on the ft worth-denver trail.missus hedd is a fellow texan by way of el paso.bust out one of yer brisket secrets!

Thanks for the warm welcome, I'm not much fer postin, but I sure appreciate all the advice I'm getin here. Here are some pics of my smokers. The bottom pic is of my fire starter.
331463661.jpg

331463701.jpg

331463692.jpg

Welcome to SMF smokum-happy to have your experiance here also-great people great site. Nice looking smoker too.

Thanks, sea munky welcome to u also. The weed burner is a new addition
to my cookin arsonal. I picked it up at harbor freight fer 20 bucks.
Sure worked good . Motorhedd I really don't have any recipe I just
rub'm with some seasoning salt & pepper and throw'm on and use that
good ol mesquite wood to finish it off with.
cool.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky