Need your advice on what to bring for potluck

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pushok2018

Master of the Pit
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Oct 12, 2017
San Francisco East Bay area, CA
Hi guys and gals! I want to ask for your advice/recommendation on what to bring to my work place for potluck. Potluck is on Monday so I have to cook "something" on Sunday. Whatever I will be cooking will have to stay in the fridge overnight. In the morning I'll take it to work and in the fridge till noon, when event starts. I was thinking about chicken wings (bunch of them) but am not sure if wing will work. What would you bring for potluck in situation like this? The event is happening next Monday. Thank you all!!!

Pulled pork, it's easy to do and reheats well. Unless your looking to bring appetizers. Then there's moinks, pork shots and abt's. A good fatty or two would also work.

Chris

Reactions: SonnyE
Thanks Chris! I'll have only one options for reheating: microwave. Do you think it will work for port butt?

I microwave pp all the time for my lunch at work, but that's just a single serving. A crock pot would work well with PP for a group.

Chris

All the advice is great and I really appreciate that! There is something I missed to tell you: when I was asked what I am going to bring for the event, I choose a more protein oriented dish, something meaty: beef, pork, or chicken. Whatever it will be - it has to be re-heated in a microwave oven right prior to the event.

All the advice is great and I really appreciate that! There is something I missed to tell you: when I was asked what I am going to bring for the event, I choose a more protein oriented dish, something meaty: beef, pork, or chicken. Whatever it will be - it has to be re-heated in a microwave oven right prior to the event.

I would choose pulled pork. Re-heats great in a micro!

Does your workplace have a dead set rule against reheating a food item in a crockpot?? Perhaps I am missing something? Beans would technically qualify as "protien oriented"...hehehehe.

Do you think it will work for port butt?

Port Butt? Honey, you haul some Port butt in there, it'll turn into one heck of a party.
Secretaries dancing on the desks, People sneakin off the the supply rooms, September birth rates going up..... :confused::eek:

I vote for Dutch's Wicked Baked Beans. But half the Jalapeno's.

SonnyE said:"
Port Butt? Honey, you haul some Port butt in there, it'll turn into one heck of a party.
Secretaries dancing on the desks, People sneakin off the the supply rooms, September birth rates going up.."

You know, you just made me laughing for three strait minutes and my wife and son could not stop me!!!! You made my day!
Well... After three 9% beers plus one shot of bourbon you can forgive me for this misspelled word.
Anyways, I am leaning toward to pulled pork(t?) - easy to make and can be re-heated easily in microwave.
You guys are awesome! Thank you for your input and help!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky