Need help - what's the best maple season

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jjpiv33

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jun 29, 2014
Charlotte
Killed a good size boar this weekend. Got a request to do some maple breakfast sausage. I'm torn between AC Leggs, or PS Season.
What's yalls opinion.

Attachments

• MicrosoftTeams-image (11).jpg
    MicrosoftTeams-image (11).jpg
    234.9 KB · Views: 25
  • MicrosoftTeams-image (10).jpg
    MicrosoftTeams-image (10).jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 26
Reactions: BigW.
No help on the seasoning, but that's a big pineywoods rooter, as we call them, and a lot of sausage. No offense to pineywoods pineywoods , but there's an area here that's locally called pineywoods that has a lot of hogs and hog hunting. How much did he weigh and where were you hunting? My biggest was 350 lbs. with a bow back in 1995.

Naive question since I've never made sausage...is there a reason other than cost to not just use real maple syrup? Can't beat the taste; is the added water or sugar content a problem?
You can use maple syrup or maple sugar but it’s difficult to get the maple flavor to come through. Commercial spice companies use them also but add other concentrates that help bring the maple flavor out.

Reactions: Smoke-Chem BBQ
No help on the seasoning, but that's a big pineywoods rooter, as we call them, and a lot of sausage. No offense to pineywoods pineywoods , but there's an area here that's locally called pineywoods that has a lot of hogs and hog hunting. How much did he weigh and where were you hunting? My biggest was 350 lbs. with a bow back in 1995.
Alabama down near Eufaula. He was 200#. my biggest so far

Reactions: Smoking Allowed
I think there are lots of "pineywoods" all over the US

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky