Need an accurate temp guage.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kenfain

Original poster
Dec 29, 2012
just west of Walton, Texas
Hey everyone, I've got an analog MES 30B. As everybody knows, the factory temp guage on the door isn't very accurate. So I'm looking for one that is. I realize that I probably won't find total accuracy, and even if I did, it'd likely cost more than I am willing to spend. But if I could get it close I'd be satisfied. There's so many out there to choose from, and the prices are all over the place.

I will have an electronic temp probe also, but I'm looking to replace my at a glance temp check capabilities. For example, if I sent one of the grandkids to check the temp, while I'm down the street. There's no explanation required, don't touch nothing, just read the number on the door. Keep it simple, and since there's a hole there already...

I'm not sure if this explanation will come out clear or not, but here goes. If you smokers temperature gauge is consistent in being wrong(always reads high or low by the same amount). Then let it ride. When I smoke with my WSM, and I reach my desired 250* grate temp. I'll take note of what the dome thermometer is reading. When I see the dome therm start fluctuating then I'll go check my external therm. I know my dome is always going to be about 30* higher then my external.

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky