My take on an ABT

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tnbbq

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jun 22, 2012
Middle TN
  1. The family loves these when I make them occasionally as a snack while waiting on a longer cook...

8 jalapeños, boated and de-seeded
    Half a block of cream cheese
    Mixed shredded cheese blend
    Spicy crab dip (get mine at a local seafood counter at a grocery)
    About a pack and a half of bacon
    Dusted these with some Meat Church Honey Hog rub

IMG_0103.JPG

1. The family loves these when I make them occasionally as a snack while waiting on a longer cook...

8 jalapeños, boated and de-seeded
    Half a block of cream cheese
    Mixed shredded cheese blend
    Spicy crab dip (get mine at a local seafood counter at a grocery)
    Dusted these with some Meat Church Honey Hog rub

View attachment 669743
Looks fabulous to me!

Hmm stuffed with crab added to my list. I do cream cheese / cheddar and either hot sausage or shredded chicken usually. Crab sounds great.

Reactions: tnbbq
spicy crab dip (get mine at a local seafood counter at a grocery)
Those look great!! Is the spicy crab dip something you flavor the cream cheese with? I always add BBQ rub to my cream cheese, but this sounds interesting.

A tip on bacon... buy the thick bacon, then cover with plastic wrap and pound it to the exact thickness you like. Pounding also makes is a little 'sticky' so it binds better to the jalapeno boats. I can wrap two peppers with one bacon slice. Here is a before and after of a pounded slice.
kOxUlYT.jpg

Reactions: tnbbq
I buy it and add half a container of the dip to about 4 oz cream cheese and half a package of mixed cheese and then dust after I stuff and bacon wrap with a sweeter rub so you get a nice sweet heat bite.
Those look great!! Is the spicy crab dip something you flavor the cream cheese with? I always add BBQ rub to my cream cheese, but this sounds interesting.

A tip on bacon... buy the thick bacon, then cover with plastic wrap and pound it to the exact thickness you like. Pounding also makes is a little 'sticky' so it binds better to the jalapeno boats. I can wrap two peppers with one bacon slice. Here is a before and after of a pounded slice.
View attachment 669874

View attachment 669874
I lay the slices between parchment paper and roll out with a rolling pin. I do the same thing to my bacon weaves after the weave is done.

Reactions: thirdeye and tnbbq
I lay the slices between parchment paper and roll out with a rolling pin. I do the same thing to my bacon weaves after the weave is done.
I typically only do a weave when smoking some type of fatty but all great suggestions!

Reactions: jcam222
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky