More SF Bread and Butter pickling

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jcam222

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 13, 2017
Northeast Ohio
Pickle cukes and now banana peppers are abundant and cheap near me. This is round 2 on the pickles and the first batch of banana peppers this year. I gave some away last year and from this years first batch. People are asking to buy now :). I think I'll oblige to cover cost of my hobby lol. Sugar free and people rave about them. Happy to repost or link recipe if interested. I've tweaked the recipe to exactly where I want it over the last few years. The peppers are insanely good on sausage or brats. Yielded 12 pints of pickles and 5 pints peppers this round. Heading out to get more peppers soon.
PXL_20230731_174643531-01.jpeg

Looks great! Had a family reunion this past weekend. BIL made 24 qt of pickles from the garden.

Then a bunch of zuchinni to grind for relish. Got to taste some jerky, so tasty and tender not too dried out. He will survive that is for sure.

Reactions: jcam222
Looks great! Had a family reunion this past weekend. BIL made 24 qt of pickles from the garden.

Then a bunch of zuchinni to grind for relish. Got to taste some jerky, so tasty and tender not too dried out. He will survive that is for sure.
Thanks! Zucchini relish is interesting! Tell us more about it.

That is another one I have to do Jeff. I taking a break from the river this week as Temp's are going to be upper 100's and lake turned and river water nasty now. Be Oct before able to swim again. Maybe I can work this in. Probably find the recipe but if you have can re-post.

Reactions: jcam222
That is another one I have to do Jeff. I taking a break from the river this week as Temp's are going to be upper 100's and lake turned and river water nasty now. Be Oct before able to swim again. Maybe I can work this in. Probably find the recipe but if you have can re-post.
Brian here is the link. https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t...nd-butter-pickles-and-pickled-peppers.289149/ Note the salt DOES NOT go in the brining mix. It's for salting the sliced cukes. For every 10-12 sliced cukes sprinkled on a tablespoon of kosher salt. Let those go for an hour and then rinsed well before dripping in the hot pickling mix. Leave those in the mix for an hour. Pack up and refrigerate. Lmk if you have questions. I need to clean up that older post.

Reactions: BrianGSDTexoma
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky