Modding the Masterbuilt Charcoal Bullet Smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SherryT

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Dec 23, 2017
Crawford AL
New member...unsure of best place to post this, so I thought this might be the best fit...

I bought this smoker at HD on sale for $19.

Capture.JPG

I've smoked a couple of butts in my Aussie grill before, but, to be honest, it was a PITB to regulate the temps, so we decided to get a dedicated "starter" smoker.

We intended to do the "standard" bullet smoker mods, but if we try to mount the legs on the outside, the unit can't be lifted off the charcoal pan because the slant of the legs coupled with a 1x3" (approx) welded-on support piece on the bottom of each leg narrows the diameter too much (they would point inward), so all we could do today was drill 7/16" holes in the charcoal pan.

I also checked the thermometer using boiling water and it was dead on as far as I could tell.

We're going to try it out like this and if it's a pain to get to the charcoal pan (and I anticipate it will be), I guess we could get a piece of square aluminum tubing and cut/drill our own legs.

Someone tell me I'm not going to ruin this piece of meat when I do this!

Thanks,

Sherry

Thanks for the reply and the link, Stasher.

Gonna check out HD today & see what I can come up with for new legs.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky