Mississippi Pot Roast (Venison)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

indaswamp

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
Apr 27, 2017
South Louisiana-Yes, it is HOT
Just threw this together tonight to cook inda crock pot all night and most of the day tomorrow while I break down pig parts for salumi and salami...
IMG_20231022_190203.jpg

Plate pics. when it's finished...more than likely on french bread.

Keith you little tease, that's just not fair. I wanted to see some of your typical amazing food but alas, I am left very disappointed :emoji_laughing:

Robert

Before I discovered Mississippi Pot Roast every part of a deer that wasn't backstrap was made into sausage, jerky or chili meat. My camp - my "happy place" - is in Mississippi so my venison comes from Mississippi. And my wife is from Mississippi too (but as the great poet-philosopher Meatloaf said... two out of three ain't bad.)

Reactions: Timber II
Looks fantastic Keith. Perfect meal for this time of year.

Point for sure
Chris

Love it man - that’s a staple here in this house! Blade roasts are the favorite and I sear them on the grill before going in the crock!
Timber

Attachments

• IMG_3486.jpeg
    IMG_3486.jpeg
    194.4 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_3487.jpeg
    IMG_3487.jpeg
    179.6 KB · Views: 5
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky