MES 20070411

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

royalwapiti

Original poster
Jun 27, 2010
I have been battling an issue with my smoker for some time. I know it is the heating element. Initially it started by not working so i did the connector repair, it worked except I had to be plugged into a regular outlet. Any GFCI I used would trip immediately after setting the timer. If I used a regular out;let it would work fine. Now after about 20 uses, it has died again. The connector is melted again. I repaired the connector on the element and it still trips immediately after setting the timer.

Do I need a new element? I had to solder the wire on this last time as there is little left of the spade on the element.

The smoke wood tub is about rusted through, the shield around the element is about rusted through, a couple racks have rusted through. And the mold that develops inside it grosses me out...I feel like I need to high pressure wash it each time before use. Thinking I need to pitch it....get a pellet grill. Does this sound like a typical element failure?

Thanks

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky