Medium Well Bacon Wrapped Sirloin and Baked Potatoes Question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

isellstuff

Original poster
Nov 4, 2019
Pit Boss 820fb pellet grill

Will be cooking Bacon wrapped Sirloin (roughly 1-1 1/2 inch thick) and Baked Potatoes. Prefer close to medium well for the steak.

* How long and at what temp should i cook the steak?

* Can I cook the potatoes and steak at the same time (unsure of temp for each). How long for the potato as well?

Have made a lot of loads of jerky, chicken, etc on the pellet but not steak or potato yet.

Medium well would be 150°f. Time will depend on your pit temp and thickness of the cut.

I like to run my pit around 180° when cooking beef. Gets more time in the smoke.

I don't know anything about pellet grills, but they seem to be the new hot thing. Like DS says, medium would be around 150 for the steak. Go ahead and cook the potatoes and steak together and stick a sharp fork in the potatoes now and then to see how they're doing...

I am a big fan of real high heat on steaks and to me that means grill not smoker. Of course, you could smoke and sear after (reverse sear). You're gonna need some heat for the bacon for sure.

the tater will take a lot longer, better start it well in advance unless your doing a double stuffed which aint a half baked idea lol

Reactions: Blues1
Doing the exact same thing tomorrow. It'll be my first sirloin on the pellet. I also plan to low smoke, then ramp up the temp and reverse sear. Let us know how it goes...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky