Meatloaf again.. rolling now cooking pics added as it progresses

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

negolien

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Jan 1, 2020
Sacramento, Calif.
Hey All,

Gonna roll some meatloaf again. Cherry smoke with some jalapenos, red onions, texas beef, cow cover, cherrry habenaro Kosmos in the mix. ran it up to 285 for 15 at end but really it didn't need it. Pulled at 153 accounting for carry over. I will post an interior cut pic when it is finished cooling. It turned out awesome best loaf yet.

Attachments

• weave.jpg
    weave.jpg
    222.3 KB · Views: 20
  • loaf and buddy.jpg
    loaf and buddy.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 14
  • cookin away.jpg
    cookin away.jpg
    190.1 KB · Views: 13
  • finished1.jpg
    finished1.jpg
    247.9 KB · Views: 15
  • cutdalstrong.jpg
    cutdalstrong.jpg
    206.7 KB · Views: 13
  • sliced.jpg
    sliced.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 12
  • bislices.jpg
    bislices.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Reactions: JLeonard
Thanks yeah rendering is kinda a pain in the butt lol. Think I am gonna sauce the loaf with some cherry hab. I need to find something a little bolder than Rays to cut it with in the future maybe I'll try 50/50 with Stubbs. Rays and the hab just a little too sweet.

I've basically found thru trial and error that: When the bacon is done the meatloaf or fattie is done. I usually smoke them around 250 to 275*.

Chris

I quit using the weave for fatties, because you have 2 layers of bacon, and the bottom bacon doesn’t get done enough for me. I just wrap the fattie in one layer of bacon.
Al

Reactions: negolien
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky